As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

You Can Call Me Al is going to be a hard nut to crack.  Bombards and trebuchets need to move next to the city due to visibility blocked by forests, sacrificed in the counter-attack.  I obsoleted siege towers, though I can provide Icon_Gold, suboptimal, to purchase one.

I could wait for Calvary. Timing also assumes, that there will be minimal reinforcement from the sea, which might be true in 9 tunes.

(August 18th, 2021, 21:46)suboptimal Wrote: Cede everything for peace.  Um, nah.  I refuse this offer and send back a demand that he cede everything on Big Island to me, including the two I took from them originally. 

Would you consider 10 turns of peace for your capital?

On a personal note, I'll be unable to play my turns for a week+ in the second half of September, so will need to hand back the turn sets by then.

i can cover that off no problem.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Keep the Icon_Gold - my siege towers won't affect your units. 10 turns of peace in exchange for my capital works, though I don't think we cede Graceland in the process.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 159

Clear out notifications, pass on the World Congress resolutions. Since the screen is at Graceland I shoot at the new frigate that’s shown up. I find it interesting that the frigate gets the bonus from Wars of Religion against my city attack but the city attack does not get the bonus. I do 53 points of damage.

Back at the main land it seems the Russian navy is starting to disperse and scout out the Norwegian positions:

Russia likely didn’t accept your offer. Dunno if you have a counteroffer waiting but looks like Al will need to be liberated manually.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

I put 2 votes on the military emergency to free You May Call Me Al, and did not see the city emergency for Yerevan (didn't care as it was a mis-click, but surprising).  I  spent 30 favor to propose the emergencies, as I suspect it allows you to select as many as you want, and not 30 favor per.  A bit confusing, and potentially the source of concern in the organizing thread?

I do believe it is ok to use the emergencies to break alliances/friendships but fine either way.  As a counterpoint, I can declare on a player who is in an alliance with another declared friend or ally to break the relationship.

As for the peace offering, I didn't make it. Occupied Indonesian cities are not visible on the roster of 18 Russian & 1 occupied Chinese cities available for a peace deal. suboptimal, you'll have to make the offer, on the off-chance peace, reduced war weariness, and simplified planning is worth it for william.

Ah, OK. I think that may be because you can't trade capitals or some such, except to the original owner. I'll make that offer on my next real turn. I think I can afford three votes for the emergency so will put those in and see what happens.

Was it coincidence that we got a peace treaty offer on the same turn that a vote could be raised?  Russia does not have any diplomatic favor to vote, so it would take co-ordination with Australia to vote for a likely Japanese military emergency.  The simple answer is that is was simply better to increase production by reducing war weariness for their key war ahead.

It is apparent from the organizing thread that Norway/Phoenicia wants time to finish Japan before war commences. Fine, we are allies of convenience, and their victory isn't our victory, except to say, that this is what happens when you settle on our Big Island.

10 turns ago

My ally TheArchDuke of England votes down an emergency proposed by their declared Indonesian friend against Russia, as England's team-mate Japan did have have an alliance with Russia. So under the new Woden rule, England could not vote for it, but is still allowed to vote against it?  Just something to review at a future time.  Never mind my continued confusion of why I couldn't vote.

shambles
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Could be worse....there could be an open diplo thread.

Got the save, dropped three votes into the one emergency I could vote on and sent it on its merry way.