As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 160: It is the norse greve that votes

Military emergencies pass for Indonesian & Japanese cities while Woden casts protest vote against both.

(August 25th, 2021, 13:03)suboptimal Wrote: Could be worse....there could be an open diplo thread.
I'll quote this beautiful comment.

Negotiation for the return of our Ally's capital.

We can raid too.

Shall we make the attempt to take by force first or should I go ahead and offer the previously discussed deal (peace for peace + Al) while you move into position?
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

In ten turns they will be deep in war with Bruise right?

should make taking back our island back possible?

thats easier with al....
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

(August 27th, 2021, 10:23)suboptimal Wrote: Shall we make the attempt to take by force first or should I go ahead and offer the previously discussed deal (peace for peace + Al) while you move into position?
(August 27th, 2021, 10:24)roland of gilead Wrote: In ten turns they will be deep in war with Bruise right?

should make taking back our island back possible?
I believe our shared goal is to make our island whole and keep a vacation outpost on the big island.

I’m working on the assumption that white peace is worth more to Russia/Australia than to us due to their number of cities that benefit for reduced war weariness.  Another currency is the ceding of out-of-reach cities, doesn’t cost us much aside from pride, but has economic benefits for them.  Can we balance that with Al?  Obviously they asked for all of that without Al in the mix but if the deal helps them win, they will take it.

We won't be able to take Al and then keep it by force, until doomsday, when the Russian/Australian ships have more pressing places to go.  I do hope to be close to calvary by then, and pillaged Al throughly if continued war is the path we take.

OK...I'll make the deal (peace for peace & getting Al back) and see if they bite. If they don't then we'll wait until they have to fight Bruise and either take Al or try to swing a deal for it again.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Turn 160

Graceland shoots another Russian frigate. If I could get two governor promotions onto Victor I’d be able to kill these things off rather than pinging them, but pinging them could have...downstream effects…so I ping away. The man-at-arms here will be done next turn and I’ll park it on the Campus for the time being.

Back home I get Confucius next to Al…

I could theoretically do some damage with the crossbow or pikeman but I’d likely quickly lose them to the frigate. No sign of that courser. I sneak the pike SW for a peek and it’s not on the peninsula. I’ve requested 50Icon_Gold so I can upgrade the slinger to a crossbow.

I didn’t make the diplomatic offer this turn.

We go to the WC in two turns.

biggest issue is going to be those walls. are we anywhere near getting a general?

oh and maybe pillage that niter if possible

Turn 161:  We’ll be back, Al.

Bags of Chinese gold on its way suboptimal.  Asking for some horses in return, to build more coursers.

I learned that Al's walls did not fire at our knight as cities do not boost its own vantage point, but they do for units in its tile.  Going to bring in coursers to pillage multiple tiles at once, to reduce the return fire loss.  Notice finally that Victor is in the city of Ryan Kent.

I’m considering buying a lighthouse in Morelos in a few turns, so I can send a trade route to The Obvious Child for a road to shuttle troops east.  My current trade routes are not well thought out though, and I am requesting friendship with Phoenicia as the economic alliance expired.

(August 30th, 2021, 04:54)roland of gilead Wrote: biggest issue is going to be those walls. are we anywhere near getting a general?
Aribo and Morelos could build encampments soon, and with some faith banking, maybe.  A general is definitely a good goal for us.

both russia and norway have huge gold, no doubt battleships incoming