As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 170: They are no longer friends

Moving siege west, there is a naval battle coming, and perhaps we can hit a ship off the coast when it does. If we had signed peace, it would have expired by now, but the results would be similar aside from some pillaging.  War weariness hurts us a little bit, perhaps that's been our primary weapon, though not sure how to tell if it hurts them.

It is odd that Russia has no cultural great person points at all, though they could only use them for super scouts.  Upcoming Great People are not particularly interesting, with Mendeleev likely being passed to me should the game last long enough.

Turn 171: Dark Ages in 10

Hostilities among the leaders has begun. Objective achieved, that was our reach goal ages ago.

The delay in hostilities cuts into Russia's golden age movement, impressive if that was the plan.

End of turn screengrab, showing our 8 traders back in business, after a long hibernation.

Should be interesting to watch. Graceland will have a spy out in 9-10 more turns and I hope to be able to use it to some effect.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

I'm going to try to send Confucius onto the open seas and scout the ocean south of Al and between Al and Graceland. If they're clear I'll consider rebuilding Graceland's harbor and trying to build/faith buy some jongs.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

suboptimal, I'm planning to upgrade my coursers soon, so may be Icon_Gold limited for a bit, but could you check your builder Icon_Gold cost. The big island is quiet, and you could start some repairs and hooking up luxes to trade, especially if you are thinking of repairing the harbor.

My next builder will cost me 86Icon_Production (354Icon_Gold). I can build one at Graceland in around 5 turns. OC could likewise build one (9 turns) as I've got one or two unconnected resources there as well. I don't think a builder in either location is worth a Icon_Gold investment.

Turn 172: Our game plan is that Russia has bigger fish to fry

Icon_ScienceIcon_Culture stays on the menu.

[Image: BLq64HA.jpg]

In the things that are never going to happen, fixing mp bugs, I was checking if I could put envoys into Brussels as Kaiser is sovereign, and the answer is apparently no.

(June 6th, 2021, 12:22)Bruindane Wrote: Next civic change is urbanization which comes with Force Modernization policy combing the Retinues and Professional Army policies for cheaper upgrades .  Another option is to switch to Nationalism civic for another Spy build, a governor promotion and the national identity policy, but it is leaf tech.

A leaf tech, yes. smoke.

Nationalism Icon_Culture comes next turn, and then I will upgrade courser corps to cavalry with Military Science Icon_Science arriving the turn after.  And then, what?  I got a Russian force off my shores, and entrenched Russian troops at You can call me Al.  At least we have troops to counter-attack when invaded.

Depending on how events unfold, and no concessions, I'd like to consider peace before the dark age begins, in part to protect my trade routes, and with roland playing Australia, I'm surprisingly neutral on the outcome.

I've switched the spy build at Graceland to a builder - 6 turns until completion. The harbor repair (4 turns) is queued up after that. Confucius has moved to lands' end in the desert and will embark next turn to check the seas between Graceland and my home territory.

There's a knight corps that is within shooting range of one of my crossbows at OC. However, at 89 for them vs. 49 for me I can't be bothered shooting - that's just free XP for them as I'd be doing 1-2 points of damage.

Turn 173: Mobilization coming in 41 turns!

Got a promotion in hand, considering defensive logistics for Victor when he re-establishes in McGregor for an additional niter.

Spies and a last round of walls. The view is all Russia, and with Milta captured across the sea from my Capital, will they spend their Icon_Faith for an army there?