As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB63] Map-making thread

I would be very careful placing an oil resource into the lake like in the screenshot. Placing cities early on may make it very awkward to connect that resource later. Yes it's possible via build a fort to let a workboat through, but even that is awkward at best or unfair later.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Fair enough, although that lake is placed so that it can be a good moai spot. I'll move the oil outside the lake though.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I would also be quite tempted to settle a city on the island for TR (and very likely on the desert), but as you said if that is the only reachable landlocked-oil, that could be bad without a city on the island.

Note that a city on the island won't block a city on the shore, even just two tiles away. I expect everyone to settle on the islands for ICTRs.

I'll leave the map open for comments until tomorrow before shipping it off to Ramk.

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

And even if you don't settle the island. You can connect resources on islands with a fort acting as city

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Also, note that this oil layout is extremely vulnerable; both of them can be cut off by naval blockades.

So who takes up the solemn duty of randoming a combination for SD?

I will. And I will do it with civ itself. Just starting a game with every other leader/civ set except for the first player with random

Buy me a coffee

I rolled Augustus Caesar (IND/IMP) of Maya for him. I'm posting only here for now. In the unlikely event that Fabled takes Maya I will have to reroll.

Buy me a coffee

(December 2nd, 2021, 16:43)Charriu Wrote: I rolled Augustus Caesar (IND/IMP) of Maya for him. I'm posting only here for now. In the unlikely event that Fabled takes Maya I will have to reroll.

that's almost something that someone would actually pick (of course most would go Chm with Maya - and end up disappointed because happiness doesn't matter in no-WW games).

Hatty was my next best hope after Gandhi was out frown.