As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Woden and ljubljana like boats

For Australia, you don't have enough movement to pillage the mine and still move the IC back in front of the city, right? I say go for it anyways even if not, though. I will try to set things up so we have at least the option of hitting Rodeo with more ships next turn now that your IC have arrived, unless you can think of something else I should be doing. But yeah, I think williams is going to fight for the coal... I fear that you might have to leave the corps berserk behind to help with that, much though I would love to go for those island cities...

For Phoenicia, if you move the GA to the tile 2NW of Linear B, it can still get the front line in range for the most part. There might be one not in range but it would be on a turtle which is almost as good, or you can just leave that tile open. I do not think there is much point to advancing ships further east than the GA can reach, since we are not going to attack Russia until the GA catches up anyways. If it doesn't speed up our attack to advance further east, no reason to do it IMO.

I do suggest moving one IC further east to scout though and hopefully make sure that your final position is out of range. If williams kills it, he will get first struck for massive damage, and we will need a forward scout next turn to figure out where the fleet it.

(December 23rd, 2021, 00:24)ljubljana Wrote: For Australia, you don't have enough movement to pillage the mine and still move the IC back in front of the city, right? I say go for it anyways even if not, though. I will try to set things up so we have at least the option of hitting Rodeo with more ships next turn now that your IC have arrived, unless you can think of something else I should be doing. But yeah, I think williams is going to fight for the coal... I fear that you might have to leave the corps berserk behind to help with that, much though I would love to go for those island cities...

Pillaging land base improvements removes all movement but I calculated if I switch all my campus cities to projects this turn and then switch off Frigg and Woden next turn, I will have enough to get Combined Arms done in 3 turn. The berserker I put in the water is going to TMMLP and I might by a P&S this turn.

Quote:For Phoenicia, if you move the GA to the tile 2NW of Linear B, it can still get the front line in range for the most part. There might be one not in range but it would be on a turtle which is almost as good, or you can just leave that tile open. I do not think there is much point to advancing ships further east than the GA can reach, since we are not going to attack Russia until the GA catches up anyways. If it doesn't speed up our attack to advance further east, no reason to do it IMO.

I do suggest moving one IC further east to scout though and hopefully make sure that your final position is out of range. If williams kills it, he will get first struck for massive damage, and we will need a forward scout next turn to figure out where the fleet it.

The GA should be able to support ships next turn if he moves forward and should be able to support battleships but the ironclads might be slightly out of range if Russia is smart. Good call on scouting with an ironclad. If he does kill it, I can swarm him next turn. I will also be able to take Runic this turn and end you all the diplo favor but you may have to ask for it on your turn because the deal might not go through if I lose the 26 at the start of the turn. Alternatively, I could just send you 74 of the 100.

Ok, I will plug the city with caravels instead this turn, which luckily I can do thanks to your IC wall smile I think it is probably a bit better for that to go W-E than SW-NE btw, just because it will be easier for me to plug the gap with a caravel or something that way.

(December 23rd, 2021, 00:41)ljubljana Wrote: Ok, I will plug the city with caravels instead this turn, which luckily I can do thanks to your IC wall smile I think it is probably a bit better for that to go W-E than SW-NE btw, just because it will be easier for me to plug the gap with a caravel or something that way.

Will do and they did renew their alliance this turn.

For the GA, yeah, I think it is probably most important to support your frontline IC on Russia's next turn in case they have something in range, unless you are sure from scouting that this is not the case. Worst case scenario would be getting first struck on a bunch of your ships that mostly have no GA... Also, if the GA is too far back to support your frontline IC on Russia's t171, it will also not be able to support those IC if they move 8 spaces east and attack on your t171. Staying in GA range this turn does mean our reach would not extend as far east next turn as we would like, but I am not sure we would want to take a first strike that would require leaving our ships mostly out of GA range anyways...maybe we still would, but it makes me nervous, idk. I think that is basically in agreement with what you planned above but I could be misreading.

Agreed about taking Runic. Luckily the city has some rebel units around too, maybe you can get a decent number of LoBs this turn which would be a big deal smile

lol are you going to get Combined Arms before or on the same turn as they get Refining? That would be amazing smile

edit: Any thoughts on trying to ship Bruindane excess luxes for diplo favor? Idk if they would take it, and maybe it even risks pissing them off and making them vote against us lol. But if it worked it could be a coup.

Also, if it says WC is in 2t for you, on my turn it will probably say 1t. That means WC at the end of round 191 right? I will need to give you diplo favor rather than the reverse if so. Also not sure if you will lose 27 diplo favor at the start of the WC itself or not, will need to check some old screenshots...

edit2: Last WC is here, the numbers on my t161 report were the same as they were in the WC itself. Looks like you will get to keep any favor I send you this turn for the WC.

Here is where his fleet is located...

I forgot to take a picture of my end of turn position but basically I filled in the area between Runic and Cuneiform. I promoted 1 battleship this turn and gained more 2 promotion on single battleships and have a few 1 attack from promotion. It is going to be interesting on what he does here.

Edit: And there are more ships in the south. I am assuming teh line goes all teh way to the coast.

Hmm, your position is in first strike range of his fleet, and probably is in range of a couple of frigates at Buyniy too as they have 7 movement. I am not so sure about this, without the GA your front line will likely take heavy losses if he goes for it as they have a +12 advantage vs you in IC-IC combats. On the bright side, though, he is foregoing battleship upgrades if he moves up frigates and he might just maybe give you a shot at the frigate fleets. I still think he will probably take it though... At least if he does you can gift me some coal maybe and my IC can plug any gaps in your line.

edit: Well, but the position is fairly sheltered. Maybe I am overreacting. You are probably in range of 2 or 3 frigate fleets, and I would guess 2 IC attacks + frigate attack will kill one of your IC. That means he kills 3-4 on your turn if he goes for it I think. That's a lot of damage but not fatal damage.

That is the whole point here. I am baiting him to attack. The only way he will kill more than my edge ships (+4 support only) is if he brings his frigates up. He is not running the OL card, so add in the +8 for support on the middle ships and it is an even match and those ships will survive 2 strikes. And best he can do is +2 support because for support to apply, your boat has to be next to the tile you are attacking.

oh no OL card? Ok, that helps a bunch. I think maybe I can help with my caravel fleet too - if I put it SE-2E of Runic, then he will not be able to hit any of your unpromoted clads with 2 IC. Even if he kills the caravel with an IC, the killing IC will block the others from being able to hit you. He will need to use a frigate fleet to kill it in order to double-attack you, and that uses a frigate fleet shot. How does that sound?

edit: Also, are you cool with me mostly using the turn in Australia to set up for going to Rodeo next turn? There are other moves I could make like going for the Cossacks but I think pushing aggressively for city captures before the clads come online is probably still solid.