As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 193

Bruindane, my next settler will cost 1040Icon_Gold. I’ve currently got 398 on hand and making 51 or so per turn. I’ve also checked Stephen Kelly – the garrison is at 180/200 so you should be able to trade it on your next turn.

First up is the Russian conquests at Phoenica/Norway:

Buyniy just revolted, Izumrud’s got two turns to go, Abugida has five (as does Al).

Take care of business at the barbarian camp. Before moving Confucius I see there is a Phoencian caravel fleet 5 tiles due SE of the coal on Big Island. After moving I find a few frigates as well:

Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 193 Diplomatic Vote

Surprisingly, there is no second military emergency proposal for Illmatic, but I suppose we are allies of Woden and would not see it.

Easy 2 Diplomatic points and 100 favor as team-mates can gift their gold to each other every turn. Woden has 2 of 20 diplo points, so it must be for the net gain of 70 favor. One of us could place second presumably and get 50 favor, but do we get points if they reject a gift, say of 1 Icon_Gold. Ljubljana did renew my luxury trade last turn, so sure why not, and Woden winning by diplomacy would be highly unexpected.

Must be for the gold reward, and a sign that Norway might be taking a Russian city, though I don't know the current name, but we must have seen it during the early explorations.  Not going to overthink it as I used the free down vote as discussed in the organizing thread.

I did not have the option of voting on the Yerevan emergency, likely because I've got a DoF with Russia right now. Put the free vote against the aid request for the same reason.

BTW, somehow I've got 26 grievances against you. Not sure what that's from but can check when the regular turn comes around.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Turn 194: No Emergencies Pass

Stephen Kelly is presently gifted to Indonesia. I'l send over gold next turn.

Our research alliance with Phoenicia brings us the eureka for refining. No need to build a coal plant, but I could choose to build an oil plant instead.

My spy is attempting to steal tech from Russia in seven turns. The issue is that I could create my own eurekas for 3 of the 4 or 5 probably techs available at that time, so I should interleave two privateers, one line infantry, and an iron clad alongside the sewer builds for tor the democracy inspiration. This may delay Democracy by a few turns, but we are now a full scientific age behind Norway.

Turn 194

Brussels/Stephen Kelly/Have a Good Time is welcomed back into the Indonesian fold and given back its proper name. The musket moves inside and the builder repairs the fishing nets. The city itself starts a builder as there’s some improving to be done here.

Nationalism is complete so time to change policies. Feudalism obsoleted and I slot Logistics for some extra movement. I replace Merchant Confederation with Machiavellianism, Urban Planning with Serfdom and call it good. Civil Engineering is next up in 11 turns. I’ve got a governor promotion available. I put it into Amani and send her to Valetta.

Graceland starts a trader (3 turns) then I’ll get either a spy and a builder out. Diamonds starts a builder to be followed by another spy. Diamond’s builder will have six charges thanks to Liang. I’ll also be able to get her to Graceland in time to get that one an extra charge as well.

Jong kills the redlined barbarian, there’s another one around...somewhere. I move Confucius south and see that Illmatic is now on its third owner (Norway). Rodeo is down to zero strength.

Turn 195: Four Settlers Out

Sent over all my gold to Indonesia, five settlers for our team at this stage of the game is novel.

Apparently both the suggested settle location and Russia's artist imagine I would settle on the one island tile. I suppose I could settle and buy two tiles to close off the straight with closed borders. Interesting thought, but it's Woden that's pulling away in Icon_Science & Icon_Culture.  Our scientific Icon_Science alliance with Phoenicia expired while the cultural Icon_Culture one with Woden hit level 2. DoF sent to Phoenicia to reestablish the alliance.

Turn 195

I accept China’s Icon_Gold gift and immediately purchase the settler in Have a Good Time. It’s destined for the river plains NE of the sheep on Big Island. The city will regrow in three turns. The builder here has one charge. City size is more important right now so I move to the crabs and drop fishing boats on them, giving me a 3Icon_Food5Icon_Gold tile. The new citizen will work those. The musket leaves the city, heading back to Graceland, and is replaced by the crossbowman. Over on the island to the west the other mustketman hasn’t shown up yet. I move into position to land the man-at-arms to clear the camp next turn.

Steam Power is complete. Recheck the techs and Industrialization is closer than I thought – it’s fourth in line, not eleventh. It’ll be 2 turns to complete Mass Production, 8 for Economics, 7 for Sanitation and 9 more for Industrialization.

Back home the builder puts in an iron mine at OC and retires. Al will rebel on Russia’s next turn. At Graceland I move a builder from the plains hill to the open plains – that one extra Icon_Faith will let me purchase a jong next turn instead of waiting two turns.

Rodeo has been taken by Norway but is showing signs of rebellion. The Low End Theory is surrounded by Norwegian captures and will rebel in three turns. I did find the Phoenician navy, though:

There’s a few more ships to the northwest as well.

Turn 196

Phoenicia accepted friendship and asked for a coal. I was expecting a resigning of the alliance, but perhaps this is due to the mp limitations limiting to one diplomatic action at a time.  I sent them their coal as requested, and request a renewal of the Icon_Science alliance. Woden has plenty of coal, which I checked after, so it feels a bit gamey, perhaps due to defensive combat mechanics, as that one coal will begone when Phoenicia's turn begins if they are in coal deficit. I request a luxury trade with Norway, as our existing one is expiring in two turns.

Building ships for the eurekas before the spy action, though unsure of the order of operations that spying happens after building.  Democracy will take ~7-8 turns, held back by the sewer builds for the inspiration in the cities now building privateers.

We settle Defoe for the cocoas and oils, though one of the cocoas may flood before we send it to Indonesia. Next 3 turns will see three more ranger players take the field (cities settled to be clear).

Sea levels will rise soon, so something to consider suboptimal, but on the desert isle we have coffee, a much welcomed discovery. coffee  Tiles will be bought.

Banking gold now, but ideology is a 1 turn tech away waiting for the settlers to settle, and then I will drop both Icon_Gold policies for the five year plan (+Icon_ProductionIcon_Science) and machiavellianism(+50% spy builds).

Thanks for the heads up about sea level rise....when the turn comes around I'll see if there will be any issues in my cities.

Turn 196

Al has rebelled:

Loyalty is stable so it will need to be taken. I land my man-at-arms on the barbarian camp, clearing it and finding the other musket. I’ll embark next turn and go to Have a Good Time for likely healing. The jong heads west to support reconquest of Al. I purchase a jong at Graceland and it will be sent to do the same….next turn. I lost 1.5Icon_Faith income and am that much short of a purchase this turn. Confucius locates a Norwegian destroyer fleet west of Rodeo: