As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Woden and ljubljana like boats

Ok, that is a good point, agree with using them as targets. I guess I am wondering if I should position them a couple tiles back out of their sight to sell that the front line is a trap not worth attacking, or if I should put them in front to block ZoC more effectively. They may not think of killing 5 IC and 2 destroyers as the same kind of poor first strike as if they could just kill 3 IC + 2 destroyers. But if they are going to attack anyways, definitely better to have them in front to sponge extra hits for the good ships. Good arguments either way, so if you think ZoC-blocking for our stronger ships will be better for us than selling that the front line is not worth attacking, I will do that.

Agreed that they will probably just retreat. Dream scenario for us would be they retreat but not far enough, I guess.

Block more ZOC. He is good at finding holes and exploiting them. That is how we both lost our fleets the first go around. We want it so he has to kill multiple ships to open a hole in the line.

And he is not going to attack. He will want to upgrade his best ships and will not want to advance without them. If he does this, we will probably want to push into the gap with some forces, maybe take Izumrud or at least remove its walls and send a larger force east of the island.

Got it, will do.

At least Izumrud has been so heavily fought-over that it will be easy to capture, probably requiring just a couple of attacks. Sadly it will be easy to recapture too and will kill one of your ships if he does that, so maybe we just want to remove the walls and not kill it.

(January 7th, 2022, 22:59)ljubljana Wrote: Got it, will do.

At least Izumrud has been so heavily fought-over that it will be easy to capture, probably requiring just a couple of attacks. Sadly it will be easy to recapture too and will kill one of your ships if he does that, so maybe we just want to remove the walls and not kill it.

Not if I liberate it! It won't have walls for me if I attack, so no counter attack but if you were to gain suzerain of Valletta, you could have it attack ships.

Nice! Ok, that is a fun idea, and he is not going to want to spend battleship shots on re-killing the walls even if it only takes 2 or 3. Too bad I bought a library at Cuneiform instead of saving up faith, or I could be buying Medieval Walls there lol

Here is a little fun musing as I was looking through the game. I found my next civic target after Totalitarianism...

Professional Sports! I don't think I would ever care if I researched this in a normal game but I counted 16 mountains in my core that would be eligible for ski resorts. With all the single mountains, I could get back to net zero happiness. And they cannot be pillaged!

Okay, back to our regular stressful turn...and lets hope we don't get to the point where I finish Professional Sports!

No Mobilization? I agree! We don't have the ships for armadas to be that impactful, and merging three battleships into an armada is a loss of one ship's worth of firepower. Translation: let's go skiing! Maybe if we fill Japan and England with resorts (ski and seaside) we can accidentally win by culture lol

Oh there is no way we get to Professional Sports. I think there is more than a 50% chance this game will end at or before t200. If our fleet gets annihilated in Phoenicia we will have no chance to win, and if Russia's get killed they will still have a chance with their gold stockpile but might concede anyways.

(January 7th, 2022, 23:23)ljubljana Wrote: No Mobilization? I agree! We don't have the ships for armadas to be that impactful, and merging three battleships into an armada is a loss of one ship's worth of firepower. Translation: let's go skiing! Maybe if we fill Japan and England with resorts (ski and seaside) we can accidentally win by culture lol

It's required for it, along with Mass Media.

Oh, so it is. I can never tell with this weird tech shuffle tree. I like the tech shuffle concept but I wish the algorithm were better at producing a tech screen with fewer tangles visually.

DoF with China lapsed and they offered renewal. Any reason not to accept?