As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Woden and ljubljana like boats

(January 7th, 2022, 23:58)ljubljana Wrote: DoF with China lapsed and they offered renewal. Any reason not to accept?

Nope! Accept it!

wtf:

I am short one coal and am getting -5 for insufficient coal frown

I can merge a fleet to fix that but it would mean not moving the Embolon IC forward... And probably on Russia's turn I will still be getting the -5...

Are you though? You should be 84 (base + WoR), right?

Should be 87 (80 + 4 WoR + 5 alliance - 2 emergency) frown

I can see if merging the fleet helps maybe? That would mean committing to leaving the Embolon fleet back but that's ok, it will still be close enough to fight. Pretty sure it's not going to work though...

I could also beg China for a single coal I guess...

I am not too confident that any of these fixes will cause the situation to resolve before Russia's turn though.

I will send you what I have next turn, should be 4. This is weird. Try and reload the save., It looks like you are getting Russia's penalty.

Maybe it is just a UI bug?

Reloading now. I guess maybe the penalty is proportional to how many sources of coal you have, not just a flat -1 for every coal you are missing.

If the penalty were something like 20 * (amount short / amount consumed) that would be consistent with a -5. Although not with the -10 when I had one IC fleet and 0 coal.

edit: Still -5 after the reload. I think I had better merge the fleet and hope it resolves either on my turn or on the interturn before Russia can kill me. I will also try to buy a coal off China, and maybe I should keep some or all of the ICs back a bit so they don't die uselessly...

What a fun and amusing time to discover how this mechanic really works lol

(January 8th, 2022, 00:24)ljubljana Wrote: Reloading now. I guess maybe the penalty is proportional to how many sources of coal you have, not just a flat -1 for every coal you are missing.

If the penalty were something like 20 * (amount short / amount consumed) that would be consistent with a -5. Although not with the -10 when I had one IC fleet and 0 coal.

edit: Still -5 after the reload. I think I had better merge the fleet and hope it resolves either on my turn or on the interturn before Russia can kill me. I will also try to buy a coal off China, and maybe I should keep some or all of the ICs back a bit so they don't die uselessly...

What a fun and amusing time to discover how this mechanic really works lol

DO NOT HOLD ANYTHING BACK! YOU ARE BAIT!

Also, I'm planning to drop Bastions for Grand Armee (seems like a no-brainer if I'm doing another P/S round) and maybe also Conscription for Logistics for a third MP on my P/S, which could surprise some Cossacks nicely. That costs 34 GPT, what do you think? Other policies are Press Gangs + WoR which seem immutable to me but my mind could be changed. Thoughts on that second one? We do need the gold too ofc so happy to keep Conscription.

ok sorry! I will not hold anything back!

edit: How's this? I did my best with caravels to give some support bonuses and stand in the way of an attack from the south, since they were not able to reach the eastern spots:

Also, are you currently building a builder to hook up your other coal, might be worth it, even if it means 1 less p&S. Or, check how much a builder costs. I can reach a couple of harbors/lighthouse next turn and pillage for enough gold to buy one.

7 turns away from a builder at Demotic (about 40% done). Not very fast but it probably won't be safe to hook up before then anyways. 470 gold for a purchase if we go that route.

edit: I guess swapping out of Press Gangs for Logistics would not be insane either if I also switch to P/S builds everywhere for 10 turns. Idk. I do want more ships for Australia out of Fort Lakton + Oasis of Dawn but maybe it is fine to slow those down for +1 movement on P/S. That is, if Logistics even works with allies (it says "friendly territory" so you'd think so).