As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 197: We struck oil

Settle and purchase tiles for the coffee. Sending my calvary corp north to deal with barbarians. Note we are now allies with Phoenicia.

A lot going on, as a naval game of chicken continues with Norway advancing in all theaters. Chinese troops swarm onto all the resources around Al, while our settlers are underway.  Asking for Valleta, but can foreign ships sail though cities if they have open orders? There's a Norwegian iron clad on a lake at Borodino.

A unit of any nation/city-state may not enter the city center of a city they do not own except to attack (to the best of my knowledge).
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 197

Man-at-arms attacked by a barbarian (expected). Chemistry boosted. Alliance with Woden increased in level but expired. Valetta has made peace with Kaiser and declared on Team Bruise because Roland has taken suzerainty. That’ll change in two turns once my Amani is established. I also finished Mass Production.

Graceland buys a jong and I send the just-completed trader from there to Fashion Sakala. Shuffle some units around and I’ll have a jong near Al next turn. It’ll be able to start working on the walls next turn, although very slowly.

I forgot to look at my sea level situation. I also can’t access the climate change screen yet so there’s that. Here’s my coastal flooding situation:

Level 1: Salt at Graceland, forest & marsh at city location I’m sending the settler to, marsh 2NW of Graceland
Level 2: Settlement site SE of Graceland
Level 3: Open grassland N of Diamonds, Campus yikes and forest NW of OC, open plains east of settlement site.

I also notice that there’s room for a city on the coast between Graceland and Have a Good Time. Housing would initially be limited but a builder couple Kampung the crap out of the sea up there.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Turn 198

Twist my arm more please.  I'm assuming this is due to the strategic interests in the East China Sea (Our game map is oriented south up), but keeping paths open for the Russian troops to evacuate from 'You May Call Me Al'.

Ianis Hagi joins the game. Will give us some options to take Valleta later, and allow Morelos to build ships.

Turn 198

The Aussie city of The Low End Theory has revolted and is currently independent. It will rebel to Norway in 19 turns without further intervention.

I can access the climate change screen...it’s been so long I forgot what the icon is like….mischief I’m still going to settle on the intended spot, though.

Up at Al I move the first jong in and open fire...for 13 damage to the defenses and 1 damage to the garrison. The other jong will be here in two more turns.

The builder is complete at Diamonds, Liang moves to Graceland and Victor goes to Have a Good Time. I’ll keep Liang there until Graceland’s builder completes in six turns. The builder at Diamonds heads for the niter and will be there in two more turns.

Turn 199: Double Dealing

The big news is we settled Juninho Bacuna matching our high water of ten cities, and we enter the modern era and better roads with the civic Ideology completing.

I decline as I have amber from Russia but counter-propose truffles for the cotton.

Russia must be desperate, but as they no longer occupy `You May Call Me Al`, I'll take the Icon_Gold. We will be in democracy in a few turns and we could use the Icon_Gold for an oil power plant among other buys.

Turn 199 Addendum

I should say the big news is that we are no longer at war with Japan as they were eliminated. GG Kaiser.

Turn 199

Open the save to a bunch of city-state declarations. Ljubljana dropped a crapton of envoys into Valetta, causing it to first switch sides in the war. My Amani then went active, which let me tie Ljubljana at 18 envoys (Australia has 17 envoys).

University at Obvious Child is complete. I start a settler, 13 turns to complete. There’s room for a city west of here, 2E of the niter in Diamonds’ territory. The settler could also go east to the island if I don’t buy or build another one before then.

I take another 13 damage off the walls and the other jong will join the fray next turn. The new city on Big Island will found and Graceland’s spy will complete next turn.

Turn 200: The Four Eurekas

With Chinese ships back at sea, we picked up the eurekas for Electricity and Steel. Used the Russian Icon_Gold to purchase an oil power plant, and picked up Plastics directly from Russia via spy. Russia has combined arms to steal, and the industrial eureka for Ballistics, so the spying will continue. We have the highest reported per turn in Icon_Science on the ribbon, but war plundering put Norway & Russia a full age ahead. Need to think about the path to Flight as we research Steel.

We're two turns out from Democracy, waiting on sewers, and then onto Mobilization. We have 5 trade routes to Woden, and 3 to Ljubljana, so they will have an unexpected bonus. I'll shift those to suboptimal when they expire as they no longer need the help. Class struggle might be the hard research choice after.

Though we are in a dark age, our cities are happy. I believe we are at 19 luxes as we traded tea for honey with Woden and hooked top coffee this turn.

[Image: y2zomQ0.png]
Our bombards are in place, so those walls will start coming down quicker. We should `win` in a few more turns, and then the long vigil for Norway and/or Russia to concede.

I'll defer to suboptimal, perhaps he wants to play the turn and pass it on to the presumed victors. China does concede.