As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

I found this problem when I play Warlord mod current version. Why research cost of spell of mastery keep reducing? as number of turn change?

Turn 275

Turn 280

Turn 283

Turn 284

Save from warlord mod.

.zip   SoMCostShrinking.zip (Size: 2.13 MB / Downloads: 0)

(February 6th, 2022, 08:00)Suppanut Wrote: Why research cost of spell of mastery keep reducing? 

Found this in the DOS COM Manual:
"The original game mechanic of the cost getting reduced by every spell researched by the player was kept to ensure the total time it takes to reach is the same for all players."

I guess it is still like this?

Any idea when will happen the next update?(Just to have a small estimate) Already have a good number of modifications?

(February 6th, 2022, 11:26)Slingers Wrote:
(February 6th, 2022, 08:00)Suppanut Wrote: Why research cost of spell of mastery keep reducing? 

"The original game mechanic of the cost getting reduced by every spell researched by the player was kept to ensure the total time it takes to reach is the same for all players."

Yes, exactly.

Quote:Any idea when will happen the next update?(Just to have a small estimate) Already have a good number of modifications?

I'm mostly done with the work of implementing the changes, I only need to test them now.
Probably 1-2 weeks from now and it'll be sent to Slitherine.

(February 7th, 2022, 15:32)Seravy Wrote:
(February 6th, 2022, 11:26)Slingers Wrote:

Yes, exactly.

Quote:Any idea when will happen the next update?(Just to have a small estimate) Already have a good number of modifications?

I'm mostly done with the work of implementing the changes, I only need to test them now.
Probably 1-2 weeks from now and it'll be sent to Slitherine.

Thank you for clarification.

Playing Version 1.03.00

Dragon turtle with chaos channels fire breath + inner power on a chaos node. The fire breath should have +3 from inner power and +2 from the chaos node, so 9 altogether, but it's still 4.

(February 12th, 2022, 05:02)MrBiscuits Wrote: Playing Version 1.03.00

Dragon turtle with chaos channels fire breath + inner power on a chaos node. The fire breath should have +3 from inner power and +2 from the chaos node, so 9 altogether, but it's still 4.

Confirmed and fixed for the next update.

Hi,

I don't know if it's a bug or not,
but it says in the attached save file that each of Dervish and the golden one should give a +2 movement bonus,
but the Longbowmen have original movement of 2 and in the battle they have movement 3 (expected 2+2=4)

Thanks smile

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

One of my units with flight cast on them gets webbed in battle, then I cast wraith form on it expecting it to be free of the web and able to fly, but it's still stuck on the ground. Is that a bug?

(February 12th, 2022, 10:40)MrBiscuits Wrote: One of my units with flight cast on them gets webbed in battle, then I cast wraith form on it expecting it to be free of the web and able to fly, but it's still stuck on the ground. Is that a bug?

Yes, according to the changelog that should be already fixed in 1.3.1.

Quote:I don't know if it's a bug or not,
but it says in the attached save file that each of Dervish and the golden one should give a +2 movement bonus,
but the Longbowmen have original movement of 2 and in the battle they have movement 3 (expected 2+2=4)

Not a bug, but it is indeed confusing.

Movement is counted in 0.5 units internally, so "+2" here effectively means +2 halves of movement, which is 1 total.
It would be difficult to special case this one ability especially as this part of the display code only works for integer values.

The ability description correctly states "0.5 movement per two levels of the hero". It might be best to leave this unchanged for consistency with the DOS version.