As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(February 14th, 2022, 04:46)Seravy Wrote:
(February 12th, 2022, 10:40)MrBiscuits Wrote: One of my units with flight cast on them gets webbed in battle, then I cast wraith form on it expecting it to be free of the web and able to fly, but it's still stuck on the ground. Is that a bug?

Yes, according to the changelog that should be already fixed in 1.3.1.

I've experienced the same issue in 1.3.1.

Weird, I see no problem in the code. If you have a save file where the enemy uses web on the first turn of a battle, please upload it and I'll test what goes wrong.

(February 14th, 2022, 09:56)Seravy Wrote: Weird, I see no problem in the code. If you have a save file where the enemy uses web on the first turn of a battle, please upload it and I'll test what goes wrong.

I have one that shows the issue but the forum is telling me the file type is not allowed even though I have uploaded .sav files here before. Not sure what's going on.

I can confirm, but uncertain if it works as intended. Wraith form gives web immunity, but does not regain flight. Thought it was correct behavior, as web has two separate effects - “webbed” and “grounded”?

(February 17th, 2022, 00:55)Rainor Wrote: I can confirm, but uncertain if it works as intended. Wraith form gives web immunity, but does not regain flight. Thought it was correct behavior, as web has two separate effects - “webbed” and “grounded”?

For me, casting Wraith Form in combat neither frees an already webbed unit nor allows such a unit to fly again. It prevents further webs & provides the Wraith Form movement as you'd expect.

"Cost" for summons in UNITS.INI could be such an unused parameter, or does it mean something?

(February 18th, 2022, 03:43)Slingers Wrote: "Cost" for summons in UNITS.INI could be such an unused parameter, or does it mean something?

it is cost for using during rampaging stack forming.

My crusaders got reduced to two figures. I casted invulnerability on them and they healed themselves in one turn, but didn't gain any figures. Next turn I cast exaltation on them and they again didn't gain any extra figures, but each figure got +4 extra health on them.
Edit: Ah it could be wave of despair doesn't allow healing?

(February 18th, 2022, 06:01)Suppanut Wrote:
(February 18th, 2022, 03:43)Slingers Wrote: "Cost" for summons in UNITS.INI could be such an unused parameter, or does it mean something?

Aha. I see. Monster budget cost. Thx Suppanut!

Edit: No wait. Monster budget cost is called LairCost in UNITS.INI. Did you mean, this is yet another thing?

(February 18th, 2022, 07:32)Slingers Wrote:
(February 18th, 2022, 06:01)Suppanut Wrote:

Aha. I see. Monster budget cost. Thx Suppanut!

Edit: No wait. Monster budget cost is called LairCost in UNITS.INI. Did you mean, this is yet another thing?

LairCost is cost that it use when it calculate cost for unit put into lair based on lair budget, this is different from rampage budget which using for rampage monster.