As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

I attacked an enemy city with units enchanted with Focus Magic. After Dispelling Wave removed the Focus Magic, the units still had the extra 15 MP from Focus Magic. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Also, Meteor Storm claims to be a fire attack but my units with fire immunity like dragon turtles & golems still seem to be taking damage from it.

I change label of "misfortune" into "jinx" in help.txt but it is only change description, label of misfortune still stay misfortune. How could I change those in-game label?

(February 18th, 2022, 03:43)Slingers Wrote: "Cost" for summons in UNITS.INI could be such an unused parameter, or does it mean something?

It's the production cost of the unit. For summoned creatures, it has no "cost" type of use but it is still used for AI decisions (like what to buff or kill, or how to build new stacks), and determines how much experience you get for killing the unit in battle.

Quote:I change label of "misfortune" into "jinx" in help.txt but it is only change description, label of misfortune still stay misfortune. How could I change those in-game label?

Unit icon modding will be available in 1.4.0 although it only supports new icons at the moment. The original ones are still hardcoded.
The theoretical solution to this is to make a new unit enchantment ID that displays the custom icon and has the same effect on the unit as the original, but new "Aura" type effects that buff/debuff other units on the tile are not yet supported. It's already doable in 1.4 with pretty much any other unit buff that actually buffs the unit it is being cast on though. (Also, it's only tested to work for buffs, debuffs should in theory work the same way but it's untested.)

I think your easiest solution is to find the word "misfortune" in the exe with a hex editor and change it.

Quote:I attacked an enemy city with units enchanted with Focus Magic. After Dispelling Wave removed the Focus Magic, the units still had the extra 15 MP from Focus Magic. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Yes. Maximal MP only affects how much MP the unit gets when entering combat.

Quote:Also, Meteor Storm claims to be a fire attack but my units with fire immunity like dragon turtles & golems still seem to be taking damage from it.

Fire=True seems to be missing from Spells.INI. This likely broke when damage spell modding was added to the game.
Add that line and delete spells.dat to reload from the INI and it should work.

Quote:Edit: Ah it could be wave of despair doesn't allow healing?
Exactly.

Is current version support create new global and city enchantment?

(February 22nd, 2022, 10:28)Suppanut Wrote: Is current version support create new global and city enchantment?

Not yet. Those are planned for the next update(s).

1.4.0 supports new unit enchantments, a script to display unit enchantments and abilities, and a script for calculating unit stats/abilities.

thank you for reply.

Ran into a couple issues:

1.  In the saved file use the active stack to attack the neighboring city -- I end up crashing during AI turn.
2.  Patrol the active stack and next turn...   you can flee all of the battles.   hang's during kali's turn.

Attached Files
.zip   3.zip (Size: 470.13 KB / Downloads: 2)

Thanks!

I'll send a hotfix to Slitherine immediately.

Edit : apparently there are multiple things that crash in that file. That's bad news.

The crash on Kali's turn is caused by Kali having no fortress city. Any idea what could have happened to cause that? In the save file she already doesn't have one, so this must have happened during a previous turn.

Nevermind, it is most definitely caused by Doomsday. It can bypass the "fortress city cannot shrink" check and deplete the population to zero, destroying the city without moving the fortress location or banishing the wizard. This can later lead to crashes.

I will send the fixed files to Slitherine but you will need to roll back to the last turn when Kali still had a fortress city to continue playing.

Yes. I just noticed that. She just finished casting spell of return. Must be some problem there.

I rolled back 1 turn -- and the spell of return succeeds -- and she has a fortress... and no more hang.

Let me try running again to see if I can reproduce the bad spell of return result.

Yes... I hit the problem again... spell of return is cast on output freiberg... and meteor storm is active - and destroys the outpost I think.