As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(March 1st, 2022, 20:14)mshih Wrote: Yes... I hit the problem again... spell of return is cast on output freiberg... and meteor storm is active - and destroys the outpost I think.

Thanks!
That's exactly what happens, yes. It also seems Doomsday can cause fortresses to shrink to zero if the terrain is bad enough for it.
I'm running some tests then send the files to Slitherine before I go to sleep.

btw the other crashes are happening when the AI is trying to cast dispel type spells. Disillusionise, Dispellign Wave or in combat, Dispel Magic. There were two typos in the code that got added when I made the unit enchantment modding possible.

well... it seems difficult to reproduce... I only hit it one time after that couldn't hit it again. Not worth wasting your time I think.

Attack Kali's fortress with the Ninja. The magicians cast dispel magic and the game crashes. I tried to cancel all of the Ninja's buffs to see what's gonna happen, but the first buff that I try to cancel, and the game crashes. I don't know if it's relevant, but the game was started prior to 1.4. Still it went for quite a few turns after the update without crashing.

PS Tried to attack another city in the vicinity, game crashed after dispelling wave...

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 2.65 KB / Downloads: 1)
.zip   log.zip (Size: 292.29 KB / Downloads: 1)

(March 2nd, 2022, 01:58)prokolyo Wrote: Attack Kali's fortress with the Ninja. The magicians cast dispel magic and the game crashes. I tried to cancel all of the Ninja's buffs to see what's gonna happen, but the first buff that I try to cancel, and the game crashes. I don't know if it's relevant, but the game was started prior to 1.4. Still it went for quite a few turns after the update without crashing.

PS Tried to attack another city in the vicinity, game crashed after dispelling wave...

Seravy has already fixed a bug with dispel magic/dispelling wave and submitted to slitherine.

(March 2nd, 2022, 10:59)mshih Wrote:
(March 2nd, 2022, 01:58)prokolyo Wrote: Attack Kali's fortress with the Ninja. The magicians cast dispel magic and the game crashes. I tried to cancel all of the Ninja's buffs to see what's gonna happen, but the first buff that I try to cancel, and the game crashes. I don't know if it's relevant, but the game was started prior to 1.4. Still it went for quite a few turns after the update without crashing.

Seravy has already fixed a bug with dispel magic/dispelling wave and submitted to slitherine.

Oh, cool, thanks.

Hi,

One bug:
The outpost of Arairia never grows to be a city and remains an outpost, save can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bVV87jX...sp=sharing

Hi,
Second bug: Nacromancer Champion gets something like 70 health when attacking,
How to reproduce, the attached save: fly only with the necromancer champion to the top green city to attack it,
(maybe also cast the spells flight and heal it after it get hit)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HxE2Psm...sp=sharing

both might not be bugs.

The first one -- your max population is 5 -- and high elf has low growth rate.
The second issue -- necromancer has innate lfe drain -3.. and you are attacked by low resistance wild boars summons. Each time you attack them, or they attack you -- you get ~4 hit points on average -- and it's allowed above your maximum hit points.

(March 3rd, 2022, 13:13)mshih Wrote: both might not be bugs.

The first one -- your max population is 5 -- and high elf has low growth rate.   
The second issue -- necromancer has innate lfe drain -3.. and you are attacked by  low resistance wild boars summons.  Each time you attack them, or they attack you -- you get ~4 hit points on average -- and it's allowed above your maximum hit points.

About the first one, one might make the mistake of building a city/outpost where it can never grow to a city, maybe add a warning or disable it?
About the second one it's not really a troubling issue, just thought I will bring it up.

Quote:About the first one, one might make the mistake of building a city/outpost where it can never grow to a city, maybe add a warning or disable it?

Growth is not deterministic if the terrain quality is bad. It might grow into a city, it might stay an outpost forever, or it might shrink to zero size and disappear.