As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

I'm pretty sure that the Very Rare global Ruler of the Underworld is not working. Here's a save file with a group of a few undead units preparing adjacent to a 9 stack of the grey wizard's units. Try walking into their stack and fighting their wolf riders with your wolf riders (may need to reload if he leads with an exorcism): https://ufile.io/tjcf96tj

The stated stats of the enemy's wolf riders are 9 attack / 4 defense, plus Prayer's bonuses. Your wolf riders are at 11 attack / 6 defense. So the enemy should be about even or win. BUT with Ruler of the Underworld, your actual stats on the wolf rider are supposed to be 11 attack / 14 defense, which would mean you'd handily win. This is clearly not the case; in several test battles, the enemy's wolf riders are trading more or less evenly.

So I guess it's just granting ordinary weapon immunity (i.e. the type that's completely useless after turn 5), rather than the supposedly impenetrable type the spell is supposed to grant. I think when this is fixed, for clarity to the player, instead of granting the "Weapon Immunity" trait / icon, there should be a new icon and name for the trait, such as "Absolute Immunity".

Side note on this spell-- even if it did work correctly, it's not worth researching or using. The Wraith Form it grants only applies in battle; why? It should apply on overland as well. The weapon immunity portion looks great, but the reality is at this point in the game, the dangerous enemies are largely summons or magical ranged troops, not normal units. Granted, I'm fighting a wizard using normal troops in this save, but he's at the bottom of the power rankings for a reason (Life / gnolls).

(May 30th, 2022, 21:18)jhsidi Wrote: I'm pretty sure that the Very Rare global Ruler of the Underworld is not working. Here's a save file with a group of a few undead units preparing adjacent to a 9 stack of the grey wizard's units. Try walking into their stack and fighting their wolf riders with your wolf riders (may need to reload if he leads with an exorcism): https://ufile.io/tjcf96tj

The stated stats of the enemy's wolf riders are 9 attack / 4 defense, plus Prayer's bonuses. Your wolf riders are at 11 attack / 6 defense. So the enemy should be about even or win. BUT with Ruler of the Underworld, your actual stats on the wolf rider are supposed to be 11 attack / 14 defense, which would mean you'd handily win. This is clearly not the case; in several test battles, the enemy's wolf riders are trading more or less evenly.

So I guess it's just granting ordinary weapon immunity (i.e. the type that's completely useless after turn 5), rather than the supposedly impenetrable type the spell is supposed to grant. I think when this is fixed, for clarity to the player, instead of granting the "Weapon Immunity" trait / icon, there should be a new icon and name for the trait, such as "Absolute Immunity".

Side note on this spell-- even if it did work correctly, it's not worth researching or using. The Wraith Form it grants only applies in battle; why? It should apply on overland as well. The weapon immunity portion looks great, but the reality is at this point in the game, the dangerous enemies are largely summons or magical ranged troops, not normal units. Granted, I'm fighting a wizard using normal troops in this save, but he's at the bottom of the power rankings for a reason (Life / gnolls).
It grant wraithform in combat and disable all effect of magic weapon on to-hit and against weapon immunity.

Weapon immunity is 10 min defense... not a fixed bonus to defense.

The opponent likely has prayer active... so it's 11/10 at 30... vs. 9/4 at 50/40.

3.3/3 vs. 4.5/1.5

3.3-15 vs. 4.5-3
so roughly even sounds about right.

As far as I remember Weapon Immunity is a flat +8 defense. You can check in modding.ini.
I'll check the save file as soon as I have time, spent most of today on the difficulty level adjustments.

The actual description of weapon immunity in game says +8, but perhaps the implementation isn't yet consistent with the description.

I think if it were 10 flat, it would not be a particularly useful trait at that stage of the game. As I said, it's already not great -- I think Ruler of the Underworld might be better if it granted something like a -1 or -2 life drain to all units.

edit: Sorry Suppanut, I didn't see your reply at first. I know it's supposed to disable the effect of magic weapons. But it doesn't seem to actually do so in testing. Assuming it actually is working -- the effect is so minor that it really doesn't deserve to be a Very Rare.

Hi Seravy,
I think I saved this game before the automatic update from today and reloaded it after the update.
I get a crush every time I mouse right click a city, mine or Ariel cities.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Thanks smile

Seravy, have you check why creature in my Warlord mod crash in combat? crash only happen when I fight with that creature as I created it undead from lair against other wizard.

(May 31st, 2022, 13:34)GMBarak Wrote: Hi Seravy,
I think I saved this game before the automatic update from today and reloaded it after the update.

Thanks smile

Unable to reproduce. Please check if your version number displays 1.04.03.

(May 31st, 2022, 23:23)Seravy Wrote:

Thanks smile

I have 1.04.02 16/05/2022 which appears to be the latest from GOG. if I create a new game there is no problem.

(June 1st, 2022, 00:35)GMBarak Wrote:
(May 31st, 2022, 23:23)Seravy Wrote:

Thanks smile

I have 1.04.02 16/05/2022 which appears to be the latest from GOG. if I create a new game there is no problem.

Yeah, this is the bug 1.4.3 fixed. Old saves crash in 1.4.2 but new ones work. The update should be out already though.