As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Submod "Caster of Magic for Windows: Warlord"

I was aware of the 2x greater chance of rampaging monsters for the human, but I just haven't seen any appear for the AI. I was just checking to see whether you had changed something other than the section of Modding.xxx. I must have broken something somewhere. I'll install the latest version and see how that goes _before_ I try modding it.

The new features sound good.

I applied the latest update, but the game hung up on errors in unitcalc. I updated to the latest version of COM (1.04.03), but my screen still shows 1.04.00, so maybe I was updating wrong. After deleting the contents of unitcalc, it at least would generate a new world. Clouds have now blocked my solar power, so I'll try further tomorrow ... assuming adequate sunshine. I'm wondering whether the new death spell granting thrown will be overpowered on Gnolls.

I think you really update wrong, you need to first update your main game (CoM for windows) first to get right version then fresh copy install as exe suppose to be updated by Seravy, not me.

I still don't know why updating from the download didn't work, even on t he original COM folder, but it did work from the update app, so problem solved. Without the proper update, the games started with all cities under Aether Sink and all units had Chaos Channels., and then crashed at some point when checking city enchantments.

I thought more about Gnolls with the Shadow Something spell. Allowing their melee units to hit fliers is good, but not game-breaking, since Chaos Channels or Flight would do the same. An extra 2 or 3 points of Thrown is nice, but also not too drastic. The undead/regeneration spell might be more dangerous in some combos.

This game keeps on giving new things to explore.

Has anyone else noticed that the latest version runs really slowly? Even the first few turns seem to take as long as the previous version did after 50+ turns. If it's due to a known change, like the AI processing strategy for one of the new spells or units, it would be nice to be able to turn it off. The much-slower turns are definitely reducing fun level. I haven't yet noticed any benefit that would be worth the slowdown.

Hopefully it's a simple bug, such as a conditional with the wrong variable.

I will try reoptimize unitcalc.cas and unitcalcpre.cas to see ifI could make it faster.

With enemy AI moves view disabled and typically playing 6 wizard medium size games, the waiting is relatively low.

That being said, it does seem to take a couple extra seconds and whether this is related to unitcalc unitcalcpre or AIprod, we will test and try to find sources of lower waiting times

IN the modding thread, I suggested trying to add cpu time or cycles as a variable that can be called in scripts. Displaying that at points in the log file would help figure out where the slowdown is.

I tried the latest version of COM as well as the Warlords mod, and it seems to be the same in both. Since the slowdown occurs even when there are few cities or units, it's not obvious what's taking the extra time.

End turn time is significantly difference between activate unitcalc or not activate it. According to test by Zitro on recent build, not activate unitcalc script end turn time is almost the same as unmodded CoM (58 second in first 12 turns) while activate unitcalc end turn is 4 times longer (3 min 46 sec in first 12 turns) in unoptimized version and still more than 3 time longer (3 min 16 sec in first 12 turns) than unmodded/unactivated one and this is only test of first 12 turns.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/caster-of-mag...arlord-143

Warlord mod version 1.4.8 has been released with major improvement in performance but not savegame compatible with previous version.

Change log version 1.4.8:
Important:
- UnitCalc and UnitCalcPre script get optimized to reduce loading and processing time.
- Due to extensive change that occur below, it nolonger savegame compatible with previous version, so start new game is recommended.

Heroes:
- 7 new heroes have been adapted and added from works by Slinger included the Warmaster, the Gambler, the Dreamwalker, the Steelbreaker, the Grand Inquisitor, the Crone, and the Sagittarius
- Heroes nolonger has racial prefix
- The Barbarian hero change to the Berserker, get -1 attack, +1 defense, have two weapon artifact slot but nolonger has armor slot.
- The Bronze Sentinel Monk hero now called The Bronze Sentinel
- The Elven Archer hero now called the Arcane Archer
- The Chaos Warrior hero now called the Everchosen (Warhammer's reference)
- The Chosen hero now called the Avatar

Units:
- Slots of units below 200 now restore to units from unmodded version of CoM2 to restore their hardcoded effects
- Slot which previously occupied by Water Elemental now using by Catapult like it was in CoM2
- Slot of Gugalannas and Manticores are swapped in order for Manticores to back to its unmodded slot
- Slot of Ethereal Knight and Paladins are swapped in order for Paladins to back to its unmodded slot
- Slot of Killer Wasp and Sprites are swapped in order for Sprites to back to its unmodded slot
- Slot of Cloud Giant and Storm Giant are swapped in order for Storm Giant to back to its unmodded slot
- Slot which previously occuiped by Coatl now using by Water elemental like it was in CoM2 with Coatl move to slot that used to occupied by catapult in previous version.

Spells:
- Flame Blade now could buff all non-magic ranged attack of normal units.
- Chaos Rift's chance for suffer from warp creature now reduced from 20% to 10%
- Altar of Battle's casting cost change from 300 to 275
- Range attack penalty from Eternal Night rename from poor sight to poor vision and given immediately to all non-death, non-undead units as long as Eternal Night still exist in play and would be removed once last copy of Eternal Night was disjuncted
- Dance of Death nolonger randomly given jinx upon normal unit created.
- Blaze of Glory nolonger give first strike but give thrown attack power equal to previous range attack power and unit lose all ammo upon enchanted.

Items:
- Life realm get new item power "Zeal" which give first strike and negate first strike on hero
- Insulation item power is now also giving cold immunity
- Vampiric item power is now give life steal -5 along with create undead damage
- Mystic Power is now nolonger shared slot with Lion Heart so it could stack with Lion Heart unit enchantment
- Precreated items have their ability changes to fit with change in item power

Others:
- Number of strong lairs increase
- Number of minimum pick rewards from lairs increase by 2
- Now reward from lair require much higher minimum budget so reward would be much better in difficult lairs
- new combat grid color by RN_Jesus