As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(October 26th, 2022, 16:32)hackflow Wrote: @Desertfox when "all units retreat exhausted" it counts as a win for defending side. Also, you didn't kill hydras with unrecoverable damage only if you used grabbed attacks.

The spell description says that once the enemy is buried, all damage received is irrecoverable.
The wiki says that there are three types of damage: 1) regular damage 2) undead-creating damage 3) irrecoverable damage. If the amount of irrecoverable damage is the highest of the three, the unit cannot resurrect through regeneration after the battle.
The information is contradictory.

Press next turn, Sharee will attack me at a node. I cast two "Invisibility" on my units. The enemy still can shoot my invisible units from range.

Attached Files
.zip   save.zip (Size: 219.1 KB / Downloads: 1)

(November 1st, 2022, 15:39)prokolyo Wrote: Press next turn, Sharee will attack me at a node. I cast two "Invisibility" on my units. The enemy still can shoot my invisible units from range.

Not a bug... the units are undead, and have illusion immunity and are unaffected by sorcery spells like invisibility.

(November 2nd, 2022, 00:03)mshih Wrote:
(November 1st, 2022, 15:39)prokolyo Wrote: Press next turn, Sharee will attack me at a node. I cast two "Invisibility" on my units. The enemy still can shoot my invisible units from range.

Not a bug... the units are undead, and have illusion immunity and are unaffected by sorcery spells like invisibility.

Only some of the units are undead. The nightmares, fire giants, some of the halberdiers, one of the sprites are not undead.

My understanding was that only units with illusion immunity (the undead included) could attack invisible units with ranged shots and that the rest of the units (and the wizard) can only target them with spells, not with ranged (if they have an illusion-immune unit with them)... Am I wrong?

(November 2nd, 2022, 04:47)prokolyo Wrote:

Only some of the units are undead. The nightmares, fire giants, some of the halberdiers, one of the sprites are not undead.

My understanding was that only units with illusion immunity (the undead included) could attack invisible units with ranged shots and that the rest of the units (and the wizard) can only target them with spells, not with ranged (if they have an illusion-immune unit with them)... Am I wrong?
You're understanding is correct.  And that's what happened.  Not all of your units are invisible... so the ones that could (undead) targeted your invisible units, while the others targeted your visible units.   If you look at the ammo after only your invisible units left -- you can see the normal units not shooting, but advancing to melee

(November 2nd, 2022, 09:58)mshih Wrote:
(November 2nd, 2022, 04:47)prokolyo Wrote:

You're understanding is correct.  And that's what happened.  Not all of your units are invisible... so the ones that could (undead) targeted your invisible units, while the others targeted your visible units.   If you look at the ammo after only your invisible units left -- you can see the normal units not shooting, but advancing to melee

You're 100% correct. For some reason I thought I saw the regular units shooting at my invisible units but I replayed it and I was wrong smile Thanks.

B115. Unit after raise dead was reported Frozen, but could still walk. This contradicts the text that it cannot act. In a different battle the unit was not even frozen after Raise Dead. Inconsistent.

B116. Scouting 2 is not displayed for Draconian hero when joining as mercenary. But after he joins, it is displayed.

B117. AI wizard successfully cast Mislead on my Resistance=13 unit. AI had no fantastic creature in the battle. This contradicts the text. No item modifier.

B118. Mercenary Troll Magicians incorrectly displayed to have 24MP. After I hired them it changed the display to 22MP. Similarly Mercenary High Men Magicians had blank screen not displaying experience, Ammo, Caster, Missile Immunity.

B119. Item gives Pathfinding and Water Walking. But when I click the hero carrying it, Water Walking is not displayed on its personal profile below Sage +20. WaterWalking.sav. Sage hero on North.

B120. Trireme and Pegasi can’t attack together even both have moves left due to Pegasi already got transported this turn. I understand the rule that cannot be transported by second Trireme, but Pegasi should fly into battle or even move together with Trireme without being transported. This should be automatic without new UI element. Intuitive and correct logic. TriremePegasi.sav. See them next to Yellow hero.

B121. Scouting 3 radius effect remains on map square when unit that had that ability dies. Attack with Pegasi and die.

B122. Animate Ammo spell costs 5 mana. But at range 1.2 it should become 6. It was still only 5. It was displayed to cost 5 mana in battle, so no special event modifier.

B123. Mystic surge gave Focus Magic to my Cockatrices. But they did not gain ranged attack. Contradicts text.

B124. High Men can train Paladins without Stables. Picture shows they sit on horses. Stables should be a prerequisite.

B125. Nonsense message such as “your city of Notthingham” keep coming up at the beginning of turns. The message is incomplete and I don’t have a city Notthingham. NonsenseMessage.sav

B126. Zombie Mastery text says: “All normal creatures falling in battle become zombies after battle under control of the casting wizard if that wizard is victorious”. AI killed my Chaos Channeled flying Stag Beetles and brought them back as flying Zombies. After Chaos Channel the unit is not considered normal. Angel also successfully exorcised Chaos Channeled unit. So they take punishment both as normal and as fantastic creatures, the worst of both worlds. ChaosChannelToZombie.sav. Press turn. AI will attack. Lose battle and lose some Stag Beetles to reproduce.

B127. Lizardmen Fighter’s Guild displays that it can build Galley. But it does not offer that unit. Wrong display.

B128. Shadow Demons regenerate after battle to max number of figures if some of them were Exorcised. This should be explained in Regeneration text. Current text says irrecoverable damage cannot regenerate.

Attached Files
.zip   Bugs115_128.zip (Size: 1.28 MB / Downloads: 2)

(October 26th, 2022, 13:04)Desertfox Wrote: In addition to my last post, the wiki of the original game talks about "irreversible damage points" which I assume are the same as irrecoverable damage points.
https://masterofmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Points
It says that if a unit dies, and of all the damage points the highest number consisted of irreversible damage, regeneration should not bring the unit back.

Probably a bug, I've added it to my todo list to check.

(October 26th, 2022, 12:29)Desertfox Wrote: Playing Caster of Magic for windows version 1.04.06
The manual for crack's call says: "Units affected by this spell become Buried for the rest of the combat : they are unable to move or attack, take irrecoverable damage from all attacks and are irrecoverably destroyed when their side does not win the battle."
I attacked a node containing 5 hydras, which have regeneration. I attack with 9 draconian wizards. I cast a bunch of crack's calls which lead to 2 hydras being buried. Using ranged attacks I killed those two hydras. I flew around with my wizards until the message popped "all units retreat exhausted" (not just the green "flee" button).
However, when I F1-mouse the map afterward, there are still 5 hydras there.
So I killed two hydras with 100% irrecoverable damage yet the hydras came back after combat.
Is this working as intended? Or do I just misunderstand "irrecoverable damage"?

I checked the source code but it should convert the incoming damage to irrecoverable.
However, if you did the ranged damage BEFORE the unit was buried, that damage was not irrecoverable.
Then, because the Hydras did win the battle (you retreated), the "are irrecoverably destroyed when their side does not win the battle." part had no effect. So assuming the total normal damage was higher than the irrecoverable damage, the Hydras could regenerate.

However if you did cast the spell first and used ranged attacks afterwards and the Hydras still regenerated, that is a bug. In that case, let me know and please post the save file so I can reproduce it.

B115. Should be fixed for the next update by removing Frozen when casting Raise Dead.
B116. Should be fixed for the next update by updating units.ini to give Draconian 2 scouting by default instead of relying on Flight indirectly granting it.
B117. Need save file to reproduce
B119. Water Walking has no ability icon. It is displayed by showing the swimming movement type on the unit. Not a bug. Items only display an ability icon (yellow) when necessary and don't display an enchantment icon (purple).
B120. This is pretty much impossible to solve, as it would require two separate army movements performed simultaneously. Same situation as a walking and a flying unit moving through a mountain consuming 4 moves on the flying unit anyway.
B121. Confirmed, there was no check for the unit being alive in the scouting function. Will be fixed in the next update.
B122. Save file was not included. Displayed cost is for casting skill, not affected by range, so should be 5. Mana spent is affected by range and should be 6.
B123. They entered the combat with zero ammo. Even if they gain the ranged attack, they still have no ammo and lose it immediately. Not a bug. Ammo only resets to the initial amount at the beginning of combat.
B124. This is a feature request, not a bug report. The DOS version didn't support more than 2 prerequisite buildings which were the Cathedral and the Armorer's Guild. It is possible to add the Stables now if necessary, maybe start a poll on this?
B125. Confirmed. Was caused by Nightshade removing a spell from an AI city. Fixed for the next update.
B126. Feature. Zombie Mastery checks the base unit type, not to current, to enable better synergy for Chaos/Death wizards. Updated spell text to mention it checks base type and has no effect on heroes.
B127. Fighter's Guilds to allow Galley to be built. Additional requirements are not listed, even if they include a building the race cannot build. Generally unfixable and only affects units available in every race (Catapults and ships), as race specific units can never be unavailable for their own race. Checking additional requirements leads to not displaying the unlocked building until the additional requirement was built, so a unit requiring two will not be displayed at all until the player randomly builds one of the requirements, unlocking the display of unit on the other building.
B128. Neither a bug nor spell specific. It's a global rule, irrecoverable damage is a combat only feature.