As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(November 27th, 2022, 21:57)Seravy Wrote: B128. Neither a bug nor spell specific. It's a global rule, irrecoverable damage is a combat only feature.

OK. Then add brief text next to word "irrecoverable" that it only applies to battle and recoverable after the battle.

(December 5th, 2022, 23:04)WhiteMage Wrote:
(November 27th, 2022, 21:57)Seravy Wrote: B128. Neither a bug nor spell specific. It's a global rule, irrecoverable damage is a combat only feature.

OK. Then add brief text next to word "irrecoverable" that it only applies to battle and recoverable after the battle.

If anywhere, it should be on the help entry for HP/Damage, not copy pasted onto all 20 spells and abilities that deal irrecoverable damage.

B129. Lizardmen Spearmen has 2 moves left, but can’t leave tile SouthEast into Volcano tile when Engineers build road on it. RoadMove.sav. Small island on SE. 2 units stand together, engineers on top. But they can move East then South in the same turn.

B130. AI cast Dispelling Wave on my 9 units that had 9 spells on overland map. It successfully dispelled 8. But message stated 7 and not 8. WaveOfDispellNumberDisplay.sav. Press Next turn and try to reproduce. Same problem in battle. It stated 4 were dispelled but in fact 5 were.

B131. AI level 2 High Men Magicians have only 20 mana. They should have 21, right?

B132. If Galley received flight, then all other galleys fight on the cloud with it, similarly to Floating Island. They can’t move on the cloud since apparently that requires walking. I think this is wrong, since adding flight to a boat does not make it bigger so now they can stand on. Also, this negatively impacts their battle performance. I recommend removing this feature and simply copy feature as it is for transports on water battle. Transports should not carry other transports. FlyingTransportCarryBoat.sav. Attack with the Navy of 4 on the East to reproduce.

B133. I attacked Node defended by its owing AI. Info correctly showed Guardian Spirit giving them +1 attack, +1 Defense, and Magic Weapons. But they did not have any of those. GuardianSpiritNode.sav Attack Sorcery node on NW from the boat.

B134. Magic Vortex spell cost 75 mana due to Evil Omen spell. Nature Node txet says cost of spell divided by 60. 75>60. Change the text to explain that not the cost of the spell matters, but the base cost.

Attached Files
.zip   Bugs129_134.zip (Size: 2.4 MB / Downloads: 3)

My game crashes whenever I chose the "new game" option now. It's an old install and nothing has changed as far as I know, so I have no idea why it's stopped working now.
Can some init file have got changed maybe from an option or something else? 

I tried to reinstall the game, but that's not working either for some reason.

(December 17th, 2022, 01:55)MrBiscuits Wrote: My game crashes whenever I chose the "new game" option now. It's an old install and nothing has changed as far as I know, so I have no idea why it's stopped working now.

Definitely unusual, the first thing after the New Game button would be the settings for map size and such. Try deleting Com.Set, maybe it got stuck with an invalid option somehow.

(December 18th, 2022, 10:14)Seravy Wrote:
(December 17th, 2022, 01:55)MrBiscuits Wrote: My game crashes whenever I chose the "new game" option now. It's an old install and nothing has changed as far as I know, so I have no idea why it's stopped working now.

Definitely unusual, the first thing after the New Game button would be the settings for map size and such. Try deleting Com.Set, maybe it got stuck with an invalid option somehow.

Thanks that solved the issue. I've attached the faulty COM.set in case you want to take a look at it (I had to rename it to a text file to allow me to upload it).

Attached Files
.txt   COM.set.txt (Size: 436 bytes / Downloads: 1)

The part of the file where the settings you had on last run should be have all zeroes. Zero opponents and such.

I suspect this might happen if and only if you close the game on firs run before it finishes loading. It's probably impossible to do that without the task manager or a crash due to a missing file though.

Edit : No, that can't be the problem. In that case the whole file should be empty, including save file names and such. I have absolutely no idea how you got this result.

B129. Not bug. The engineers were ordered to build a road to the volcano tile. When two units from the same source tile to the same destination tile attempt to move, they are assumed to move together. There is no way to tell apart two units that received the order to move at the same time from two units that received it separate from the system's side. However under normal circumstances the first unit would move alone when receiving the orders anyway so this isn't possible to encounter unless a unit with zero movement points left has an order to move at which time cancelling the order fixes the bug. (This CAN be done to engineers as well, no actual road building progress will be lost)

B130. Confirmed, this will be fixed in the next update

B131. There is no indication in the older versions of the source code of this ever being a thing.
It's +2 MP for Veteran and +5 for Elite. No level gives +1.

The value for Elite seems to be wrong though, it should be +5 not +3. This will be fixed in the next update.

B132. As far as I remember this exists because flying boats enable transported units to participate in the battle the same way wind walking heroes do. Which requires tiles they can actually stand/move on.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if that's the case, it's necessary.

In these cases, any non-flying boat should probably have an altered starting position outside the cloud area though.

B133. Confirmed, this will be fixed in the next update.

Not sure if these are bugs:

1) It seems that all my normal units have +1 to hit extra... Could it be because I found the Alchemy retort mid-game and that added the extra +1?
2) The other thing is, I have the Conjurer retort and the maintenance for the fantastic units should be 25% less. On their icons though, it shows the full maintenance, as per manual.

Save attached.

Attached Files
.zip   6.zip (Size: 301.54 KB / Downloads: 3)