As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Submod "Caster of Magic for Windows: Warlord"

Warlord mod version 1.4.20 is released.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/caster-of-mag...nloadsform

Change log version 1.4.20:
Race:
- New myrror race introduced Xuanyuan!

Units:
- Seraph introduced as a non-summonable unit of great difficulty similar to the 'greater lords' that spawn very late in the game and guard the most valuable treasure.
- Nightmare loses the caster 20 and gain 1 charge of 'terror'

Spells:
- Inquisition does no longer cause unrest from religious 'violence' power from Chaos Embrace
- Aether Sink cause a minimum of 5 power loss.
- Unicorn costs 10 less
- Valkyrie costs 20 more and 1 more upkeep
- State of Rot disallows all healing for enemy non-undead units in combat, essentially making all damage irrecoverable.
- Nature's witness nightshade generate 4 power instead of 6 (was being counted twice)
- NEW Power Link (cost 1200/upk 50) – Power Link has been completely changed, including spell image. It now
• grants 5 power per city enchantment (15 if city curse) in all your cities
• grants 2 overland skill per enemy Amplifying Tower in play
• grants full effect of all enemy monuments and linking towers to your combat skill
• makes dispel-type spells +100% effective. If combined with Aether Binding, it simulates old game's 'True' dispel spells.
• Reason: The original spell was too 'mathematical', caused variable power spikes that could heavily impact domination score and the 'win' button, was too overpowered if obtained early or there are too many players, and didn't seem to affect enemy spell decision logic. The new Power Link has more strategic components while still scaling reasonably well with more players.
Graphics:
- Aether Binding graphic vertically flipped

AI:
- AI slightly more likely to cast skeleton.

Warlord Lite 1.0.6 released to be compatible with Caster of Magic's latest version (1.4.07) and mirrors Warlord Mod 1.4.20 (file re-uploaded in February 5 to prevent drought and evil presence from crashing and February 7 to prevent a certain unit from crashing game)
https://www.moddb.com/mods/caster-of-mag...dlite1-0-6

Note that Warlord mod has simplified end turn calculations considerably in latest few versions, but we will continue to offer the quicker 'Lite' variant for anyone who prefers additional time savings.

*All 1.4.20 warlord mod updates compatible with Warlord Lite established
*1.4.07 Caster of Magic update accidentally made all undead able to heal. Warlord mod reversed this accidental change.
*State of Rot – reduces 'to defend' by 10% (from 15%) but all damage inflicted to enemy units is irrecoverable. Cost reduced to 65.
*State of Rot visual bug – showed icon of another spell when cast
*Guardian Spirit has +1 armor (same as Caster of Magic) given loss of True Light
*Unicorn has +1 melee given loss of True Light and costs 10 more than in Warlord Mod
*Fixed Magocracy not losing gold from Magic Market affected by Divine Order and various potential mismatches in script from current Warlord mod 1.4.20
*New race Xuanyuan farmers grant +0.5 food (vs +1 food) but outpost growth +10

Great new race, very interesting. However, at least "Lite" mod crashes whenever I try to select "dragon Ship".

(February 7th, 2023, 08:32)occasionalplayer Wrote: Great new race, very interesting. However, at least "Lite" mod crashes whenever I try to select "dragon Ship".

Oops, You can save this file ui302.png to the data folder. (if you have the full warlord, you can copy it off from there)

I also reuploaded the zipped file at https://www.moddb.com/mods/caster-of-mag...dlite1-0-6

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey!

Love the new race. But found one situation where the game crashed and that's when I try to dispel guardian wind when attacking lairs (haven't been able to see if it occurs otherwise yet). This is in the warlord mod, not the lite-version. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Dispelbug.zip (Size: 279.17 KB / Downloads: 2)

Every time I beat a node the game locks. Is this where we report bugs? Where do I send my saved file?

(February 18th, 2023, 10:22)HITMAN Wrote: Every time I beat a node the game locks. Is this where we report bugs? Where do I send my saved file?

This place is right place to report bug. Savegame need to be zipped before upload.

Thx I didn't see the attach file button and didn't know that I had to zip it.

Attached Files
.zip   2.zip (Size: 275.45 KB / Downloads: 1)

Does anyone here feel that Nature/Chaos combos are a bit overpowered? It can buff units almost as well as Life, while doing it on a far broader scale. The issue imo comes from Nature buff spells, intended for summons, pushing up some regular units a bit too far. At the same time, I'm not sure of a good solution to this, and don't want to discourage the combo outright, so I'm hoping to hear your ideas.

(February 20th, 2023, 00:20)HITMAN Wrote: Thx I didn't see the attach file button and didn't know that I had to zip it.

From your save......look like you are too immersive into power fantasy duh

So far, from my debug result, you could not attack with all those 6 heroes, you buff them to over the top with maximum power of all spells plus impossible duplicate items on slot that could not fit......you just break game's stack strength calculation scheme made by Seravy (number over his byte limit). You could bring hero to attack node or city individually (except Dominus, his number conquer the game on its own, crush unless you remove his staff from him). But if you  bring all of them into any battle at the same time game would crash immediately.

If you want to fix this, please ask Seravy to fix his hardcode limit, I could not do this for you.