As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB69] New hyper-random game TECH

I think part of the issue is that the game is set up with mainly US time mods. If someone could add me, I'd be able to add time, but I'm not going to be checking PBspy regularly.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Another part of the issue is logging in and not communicating the need for an extension
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Thank you to whoever reloaded the turn and extended the timer. I could not log in and pause the game myself.

Ginger and Miguelito, is something wrong? I am waiting for you to play. I will PM you two as well.

Anyway, now my morning play window is over too. I will be available again to play in about 8 hours, so the the timer should cover it and I should not need another extension.
Participated in: Pitboss 40 (lurked by Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 45 (lurked by Charriu and chumchu), Pitboss 63 (replaced Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 66Pitboss 69, Pitboss 74
Participating in: Pitboss 78 (lurked by GT), Pitboss 79 (lurking giraflorens)

Criticism welcome!

(March 3rd, 2023, 10:32)pindicator Wrote: Another part of the issue is logging in and not communicating the need for an extension

I'll take this as a dig at me? I have to confess to have been a lousy dedlurker, so I don't really know how this game is going, and only have had a look from time to time without touching anything. But in view of the delay and after a good look at the civ I now felt able to play a turn without damaging Ginger's game much.

I saw you and Ginger as a team since you both were logging in. If he's the turn player and you're the ded-lurker, I empathize that he's left you in the lurch as much as the rest of us.

FWIW, the lack of communication bothers me more than the missed turns. If you and Ginger need longer turns or for the 24 hour clock to be changed, then please ask for it and don't leave us all guessing.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Sorry, but on second thought I think I could use a little more time. 45 minutes will be enough. Otherwise I think I will be cutting it too close for comfort with time to actually think about and play the turn without being rushed.
A pause for a little while would work too.
Participated in: Pitboss 40 (lurked by Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 45 (lurked by Charriu and chumchu), Pitboss 63 (replaced Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 66Pitboss 69, Pitboss 74
Participating in: Pitboss 78 (lurked by GT), Pitboss 79 (lurking giraflorens)

Criticism welcome!

went in and paused it.

I might need a few hours of extension. Sorry!

When Ginger returns he also needs to pick in PB70.

(March 4th, 2023, 18:06)Gavagai Wrote: I might need a few hours of extension. Sorry!

added
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.