As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ4 AI Survivor Season Seven

(March 26th, 2023, 14:30)shallow_thought Wrote:
(March 26th, 2023, 06:13)Amicalola Wrote: Obviously there are plenty of things that are wrong, but it's honestly really impressive how many things that got right. Makes me think we really might not be far from AI powered diplomacy in SP games. Tinfoil

I guess someone could add ChatGPT into the picking contest alongside random.org.

You're it. neenerneener
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Random.org's pick:

Quote:Well the random pick starts strangely, Shaka will take the cultural route after the whole world erupts in war multiple times (24) but with nobody dying and an early finish (turn 284). If this is even close to right I'll be laughing

By the way Hammurabi is predicted to finish second by the random picker.

Rules for picking:

1-6 for first place (in order Sulla put them down)
1-5 for second (eliminates a double pick of first)
1-5 for first to die (to allow no deaths)
5-25 for wars (slightly wider range of wars than what is typically seen)
1-5 for victory types (five choices)
200-400 for victory turn (like wars, giving a slightly wider range than typical. If time was picked for victory type, this is automatically 500 to avoid contradictory answers).

Shaka goes culture with nobody dying?  rolf  Looks like random.org has gotten into the good stuff. smoke

(March 29th, 2023, 18:44)haphazard1 Wrote: Shaka goes culture with nobody dying?  rolf  Looks like random.org has gotten into the good stuff. smoke

I think the best thing is is the early win date after the world gets torn apart by war.

The fantasy draft concluded this morning, here are the picks for anyone interested.

Trading may be allowed, but it is not guaranteed, and unlikely to play a huge role.

Personally, I think I bungled it (missed a few leaders I really wanted; Gilgamesh and Suryavarman are the two I'm most sad about). But hey, I can always get lucky on game day. And I might not have any seeded leaders, but I do field a FORMER CHAMPIIIOOOON!! troll (who somehow went for less gold than montezumasmoke)
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

Any thoughts for your pick process?

Heh, I think I stumbled across Henrik's Civ4 YouTube channel a few months back.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(March 31st, 2023, 16:55)Mjmd Wrote: Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

Any thoughts for your pick process?
No problem!

I was heavily aiming for Darius, Gilgamesh, Louis, and Suryavarman, because I think they're all likely to advance into strong playoff spots. Getting two of them is probably about expected, although I realistically got the two I'm less excited about. Then with Elizabeth, I probably overpaid but I think she has a shot with great land if she can avoid death (worst case ftd instead), suleiman has a vaguely decent chance of 2nd->strong playoff spot, and De Gaulle and Brennus I picked up right at the end because I had to put my spare gold somewhere. Not expecting much out of either, especially Brennus. Mehmed I picked partly because it would be fun to root for him, but I also think he actually ended up with a great spot in his game, and he's a backup for when Darius inevitably ruins everything. wink 

My team is a field of underdogs, 0/16 of the top seeded leaders. cool I think I'm unlikely to win (liking Slashin's bulk and Cuthraxys' quality the most, personally), but with some lucky swings on game day I think I have a shot. At least I have a stake in some leaders I wouldn't normally think twice about. smile

For my money, the best sales of the auction were Sury for 57, followed by KK for 43 and Zara for 33. Even for 70, Gilgamesh is a very good buy too imo.
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

I'll second the thanks for posting the results of the fantasy draft. It will be interesting to see what works better -- fewer quality leaders or a bigger roster with a bunch of tomato cans that can hopefully grab a few points each.

(April 1st, 2023, 14:22)haphazard1 Wrote: I'll second the thanks for posting the results of the fantasy draft. It will be interesting to see what works better -- fewer quality leaders or a bigger roster with a bunch of  tomato cans that can hopefully grab a few points each.

Remember you get points for FTD AND winning, so i think some of the seemingly weaker rosters are brilliant. Many leaders can be either, like the obvious Gandhi. There are some really really interesting comparisons.