As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ4 AI Survivor Season Seven

Draft is up for those with time to burn.

The biggest steal to me was probably Cyrus at 19 points.

Wow, the commenters there do not like my team at all. lol
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

(April 3rd, 2023, 22:21)Amicalola Wrote: Wow, the commenters there do not like my team at all. lol

Your team is basically "2nd chance points are us". They could get lucky, but a lot of them are well positioned for a 2nd place finish or to survive to the wildcard and in both cases you have chance for more points. Not a bad strat.

32 pts for Lizzy though............ I like her spot in that game and financial is good, but still seemed high as she also may just die. Probably a product of her coming up early in the draft. If she had come up in the second half I bet you could have gotten her for under 20.

(April 3rd, 2023, 22:51)Mjmd Wrote:
(April 3rd, 2023, 22:21)Amicalola Wrote: Wow, the commenters there do not like my team at all. lol

Your team is basically "2nd chance points are us". They could get lucky, but a lot of them are well positioned for a 2nd place finish or to survive to the wildcard and in both cases you have chance for more points. Not a bad strat.

32 pts for Lizzy though............ I like her spot in that game and financial is good, but still seemed high as she also may just die. Probably a product of her coming up early in the draft. If she had come up in the second half I bet you could have gotten her for under 20.

My approach was to figure out starts that had a good playoff spot, and take leaders who might get those. So G2, G3 and G6 2nd place, for example. I think my team is very high variance depending on whether I land those 2nd places, could see myself winning the whole thing, or coming dead last, depending on how the openers play out.

Yeah, I overbid on Lizzie. I think you're exactly right about the reason, same thing happened with Suleiman too. banghead  I should have adapted, instead of overpaying for the leaders I knew I wanted beforehand (something that Slashin' did very well, he has talked in the discord about how his strategy was ruined and he decided to improvise).
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

(April 3rd, 2023, 21:52)Fluffball Wrote: Remember you get points for FTD AND winning, so i think some of the seemingly weaker rosters are brilliant. Many leaders can be either, like the obvious Gandhi. There are some really really interesting comparisons.

If you can get a probable FTD leader cheap enough, it could be worthwhile. But since being FTD means that leader will not be getting any other points from wild card or play off games, the price had better be very cheap.

I see Gandhi as a bit different, in that he is a classic boom-or-bust, "win it all or die first" type. The possible FTD points would be a sort of consolation prize, as you would be hoping for a win (or at least survival and wild card round). There are a small number of leaders like that. But I suspect most the "bid for FTD" leaders are just bad leaders that bidders are hoping to sneak some cheap points with.

Aw man, I was hoping to see the predictions on the forum before the game like usual. Is there a way to see them on the form without resubmitting something?

They are on Sullas website. Looks like game 1 preview was updated with predictions.

https://sullla.com/Civ4/civ4survivor7-1-preview.html

super mild spoilers
Well that was in the running for most entertaining game in the history of AI survivor. I think there are a few that were better, but that was definitely unique.

One thing sullla didn't bring up was how much of the world had turned to desert by the end. Everyone was suffering.

Crazy game. You can find the recording on Sullla's Twitch page.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

That was a banger of a game, even if the result I was hoping for didn't pan out.