As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(May 5th, 2023, 07:48)Seravy Wrote:
(March 19th, 2023, 23:28)Suppanut Wrote: Bug report. My spearmen garrison in city with heavenly light enchantment do not get magic weapon (could not damage fire elemental, don't get +10% to-hit, and weapon icon display as normal weapon instead of magic one) even in combat to defend this city.

Was the unit modded to have 0 base attack? I don't see anything else that could cause this.
Did they get the other effects? (Defense, resistance)

They get all other effects of heavenly light such as attack/defense/resistance except magic weapon effects (both magic weapon pip, magic weapon +to-hit, magic weapon ignore weapon immunity).

not a high priority bug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:"MaxEnchantAura=" in "UnitAura.INI" doesn't do anything. Only the original 35 can be modified.

Wasn't able to reproduce this one. I was able to add a 36th enchant aura.

Quote:not a high priority bug

I'm not quite sure what I'm even seeing there.

Quote:They get all other effects of heavenly light such as attack/defense/resistance except magic weapon effects (both magic weapon pip, magic weapon +to-hit, magic weapon ignore weapon immunity).

According to the source code it's not possible to not get the magic weapon effect (but it's not displayed on the unit unless you mod that in as a feature). It's possible to not get the To Hit chance but only if the base attack is zero or the base unit is fantastic, or already has magic, mithril or adamant weapons or is a hero. I'm going to need a save file to reproduce this.

(April 13th, 2023, 01:41)Suppanut Wrote:
(April 13th, 2023, 01:01)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:I try to make doom mastery allow 3 chaos channel effect on overland cast in OLSpell.cas but it keep report error.
The only problem I see there is the missing ; on the first line.
I checked and "SetScriptNumVar('SpellTargetUnit',SpellTargetUnit,1);" is there and I see no typo so it should work in theory.

Sorry, I tried it again and it did not work.

Code:
TU=(SpellTargetUnit);

: new effect of Doom Mastery, chaos channel give all 3 effects :
IF (SP=SChaosChannels) %AND HASGLOBAL(W,GEDoomMastery) THEN {
:Give Armor and Flight:
SETENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncCCArmor,1,1);
SETENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncCCFlight,1,1);
:Give Fire Breath if base unit has fire breath less than 4:
IF (GETSTAT(TU,SFireBreath,1)<4) THEN { SETENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncCCBreath,1,1); }
}

Here is its error report.

same for this script on COSpell.cas
Code:
TU=SpellTargetUnit;

IF (SP=SWarpCreature) %AND HASGLOBAL(MAINCASTER,GEDoomMastery) THEN {
SETCOMBATENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncWarpAttack,0,1);
SETCOMBATENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncWarpDefense,0,1);
SETCOMBATENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncWarpResist,0,1);
}

and here is error report

I found the problem, it was the case sensitivity. Hardcoded variables only work if I type their name in uppercase and these weren't added that way.
This will be fixed in the next update.

(May 6th, 2023, 08:59)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:"MaxEnchantAura=" in "UnitAura.INI" doesn't do anything. Only the original 35 can be modified.

Maybe because you fixed it already? 
Quote:
-Fixed bug : MaxEnchantAura was not read properly from UnitAura.ini.

Anyway, I'll try that again with the next version.

(May 6th, 2023, 15:42)Slingers Wrote:

Maybe because you fixed it already? 
Quote:
-Fixed bug : MaxEnchantAura was not read properly from UnitAura.ini.

Anyway, I'll try that again with the next version.

Oh, it wasn't deleted from by bug list after the fix I guess.

Quote:They get all other effects of heavenly light such as attack/defense/resistance except magic weapon effects (both magic weapon pip, magic weapon +to-hit, magic weapon ignore weapon immunity).

According to the source code it's not possible to not get the magic weapon effect (but it's not displayed on the unit unless you mod that in as a feature). It's possible to not get the To Hit chance but only if the base attack is zero or the base unit is fantastic, or already has magic, mithril or adamant weapons or is a hero. I'm going to need a save file to reproduce this.

Here is the save. but you need to remove heavenly light correction I put on in recent build (either in entercombat.cas or at the bottom of unitcalc.cas depend on version you use to test) before testing. I could not found save which I fought against weapon immunity monster. You could test by forcing every unit to have weapon immunity in combat from unitcalc.cas.

.zip   HeavenlyLightTest.zip (Size: 129.18 KB / Downloads: 2)

I don't know if this is intentional or oversighted but when I turn hero's race into life creature without being fantastic, they could not be resurrected by Raise Dead in combat but when I turn other normal units into life creature without being fantastic, they still could raise from dead normally in combat (but could not do that anymore once they has fantastic perk). Is it intentional? And what is reason for this inconsistency?

Fantastic creatures are not normal -- and cannot raise dead.

What's an example normal unit become life creature? Only destiny -- and destiny cannot raise dead.

(May 16th, 2023, 21:01)Suppanut Wrote: I don't know if this is intentional or oversighted but when I turn hero's race into life creature without being fantastic, they could not be resurrected by Raise Dead in combat but when I turn other normal units into life creature without being fantastic, they still could raise from dead normally in combat (but could not do that anymore once they has fantastic perk). Is it intentional? And what is reason for this inconsistency?

I don't see anything that could cause this in the source code (but the code has been refactored around that place recently).

The only conditions are, the unit can't be irrecoverable dead, and it can't have "Fantastic" set on the current unit (base unit is not checked).

(Did you test on the Chosen maybe? The Chosen already counts as a Life creature and fantastic unit during combat, Raise Dead has no effect on them)

(other effects that grant "Fantastic" flag to a unit in the hardcoded part are EncNoHeal, Blood Lust, Undead, Chaos Channels.)