As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB70] Lurking under the tables

Yeah. Mjmd is in an amazing position, and is just now getting the main benefit of his ORG bonus. Meanwhile Scooter seems to be the only one interested in stopping him; Charriu is doing his own thing, Bing is floundering about (and propped up by Mjmd), while Superdeath seems to mainly wait for something to happen. I wonder where Cornflakes disappeared to?
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Well, according to the latest diplo interactions, SD seems to be on team-Mjmd, and is selling out Scooter. Wonder how that will turn out.

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(May 22nd, 2023, 09:44)Tarkeel Wrote: Well, according to the latest diplo interactions, SD seems to be on team-Mjmd, and is selling out Scooter. Wonder how that will turn out.

There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

I’m response to scooter’s latest post: If AP victory is enabled but requires 100% of the votes, doesn’t that make it effectively impossible to win with, especially in a human game?

EDIT: You got me scooter, looks like I need to check my sarcasm detector smile

I feel like Charriu not having Mjmds graphs is influencing his behaviour.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

The diplo pace is picking back up now that scooter has Galleons and leverage. The outline is that scooter and Mjmd sign a long NAP until T180 while pledging to mostly stay out of each other's way if they each attack Bing or Charriu, respectively. superdeath and scooter have a NAP on paper until T170, but superdeath has been communicating more with Mjmd. Also, I think superdeath floated the idea of breaking NAPs in his chat with Mjmd, but he also said he is working in 90% humidity and that his brain might not be working.

Interesting times ahead, it seems.

EDIT: Editing so I don't give anything away by making a new post, but if Mjmd is being honest to Bing here about planning to NAP-stab scooter with his own galleons next turn, then get out the popcorn.

Bing's goose is cooked absent outside intervention, yes.

Anyone else thinking that Scooter should be weaving in more horse archers? Skirmishers are pretty good on defense but they do not trade well against HA outside of walls and having 2-movers would make the capital much much more vulnerable early on.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

In response to Mjmd's question: contracts signed under duress might not be legally enforceable in real life, but in a diplo game I would generally prefer to proceed as if all contracts are binding.

The players are already spending more time than usual on diplo, to have that caveat present just seems like it would make people enjoy the game less. Scooter has posted about how satisfying it was to bend his civ towards this power spike to gain leverage in diplo, and while he did say he was open to the idea of being stabbed, I feel like it would be even more disappointing than in an AI-diplo setting.

Selfishly, scooter and Mjmd may not have much productive conversation past this point, and that's one fewer channel for me to lurk in frown

Yeah, I don't agree with Mjmd here. He didn't have to take that deal, and this smells of justifying what he wanted to do. It also is something I will hold against him in the future.

I must never sign up for a diplo game after writing this, but I always thought that betrayal should be a legitimate part of diplomacy. Of ocurse with the consequences it entails. Now I whined a lot about Amica betraying our alliance in AI diplo PB 59 (I think what did it for me was less the betrayal but feeling manipulated). Sure it sucks, but it's part of the game.

Now I don't know if Mjmd's move is actually smart? scooter will be livid, and Charriu already hates him... He has a habit of making himself mortal enemies after a strong opening or midgame. I can see it turning out well for him if he keeps SD on his good side, but if scooter throws everything that's left his way he can also have a very bad time - just who would then win? superdeath?

also loved that meme nauf smile