As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Submod "Caster of Magic for Windows: Warlord"

A bug I've noticed in the latest version of Warlord Lite: my spell list often starts with a spell labelled "none", with a research cost of 1 and a description about the unit gaining resistance based on religious buildings in the city. Trying to learn it crashes the game.

Also, when starting with Nature books, the 'none' spell always shows up in the spell selection choices. I can't find a problem in spells.ini. The latest version had disabled=true for spell zero, and I've tried it with and without disabled=true, and the problem still occurred.

I’m on a work trip so i can’t access the mod files. My assumption is the modding.ini file at the top has a maxspells number being 1 greater than it should. Odd that i have not noticed this as i have played the mod quite a bit with the latest released version

I'll give maxspells a look. I think the spell is supposed to be a Life spell that is listed in createunit.ini (or whatever it is), but wasn't added to spells.ini

Edit: I reduced maxspells by one, and that seems to have solved the problem. I think someone added "Pillars of <something>", and at the last minute removed it from spells.ini but forgot to reduce maxspells.

I think when the version was uploaded, the 'spells.dat' file in the main folder was not allowed to refresh, so it was based off a version that did not include that spell. If spells.dat is deleted and the game is run, a new spells.dat file will get created and everything works out ... so the original maxspells in the modding file was correct at 275.

Update: now that I remember, when I uploaded the file, I found out I loaded it incorrectly then promptly tried to re-upload it, maybe you got stuck with the earlier download? I certainly see the Pillars of Faith spell, I see a spells.dat in main folder with a timestamp of a few minutes after spells.ini, allowing it to refresh, and a maxspells of 275 as intended. This might explain why I never encountered the error when playing the mod myself.

In the meantime, I'll be careful and not rush uploading the next version.

BTW: I would like to remove the "max 4 retorts" limitation. Is there a simple way to do that?

(June 2nd, 2023, 12:32)occasionalplayer Wrote: BTW: I would like to remove the "max 4 retorts" limitation. Is there a simple way to do that?
Aha. You can use an editor such as Notepad++ to search the MODDING.INI file for this entry:

MaximalStartingRetorts=4

However, you lose the chance of finding more retorts in treasure if you start with 6, the maximum possible.

This is part of new content that would come with next version which would release around the same time Seravy release CoM for windows version 1.5. It is new race for Myrror, Rakhshasa!

Meet the Rakhshasas
Rakhshasa are feline jungle predators and guardian of the forest of Myrror (and properly reason why dark elves are not foresters, they would never have safety there). Rakhshasa society is highly unequaled with elite overtly powerful in magic. They are carnivores that could eat plant based diet but also very spiritual people that belief killing anything not for food is a sin. Due to this, they eat their slain enemies in battle and earn their bad reputation among civilized races of both plane.

Their standard units have minimal movement and armor bonus and forester perk. All of elite units have bloodsucker perk. Many of their unique units also coming with stealth perk. Rakhshasa city gains additional 0.25 max population for each forest tile near the city.

Notable units:

Jungle stalkers
Replacement of generic bowmen, they are stealth units which could move on overland map undetected. They also using blowgun with poison dart in combat instead of bow and arrow.

Wildhunters
Replacement of generic halberdiers, they are basically Halberdiers with bloodsucking ability.

Jaguar Warriors
Replacement of generic shieldbearers, they are fast moving bloodthirsty warriors that could drink enemy blood in the fight and play additional role as cavalry in the battlefield.

Blood priests
Replacement of generic priests, priests with bloodsucking attack.

Ogrelord
Trained from Armorer's guilds, ogrelords are elite ruling class of Rakhshasa society. High attack and heavily armored, they could induced bloodlust of friendly unit in the battlefield.

Weretiger mages
Weretiger mages are tricksters which disguised themselves outside combat and couldn't be detected on overland map. They are decent melee fighter with bloodsucking and small casting ability.

Rishi
Rishi are sages of the forest they are upgrade of weretiger mage but coming with range attack, illusion immunity and one charge of psionic blast as well as casting skill of generic magisters. They are ultimate warrior-mage unit.

Great work mate!
Civilization Mods/Scenarios:
Civ1 Soundtrack Overhaul mod, ToT Graphics for Civ2MGE mod, Star Wars Civ2 Scenario, Heroes of Might & Magic Civ2 Scenario, Wonxs C&C Civ2 Scenario Remaster, Red Alert 2 Siege of New York Civ2 Scenario, Civ2 Master of Magic Jr Scenario Remaster For ToT, Attilas Conquest - Play as Barbarians in every Civ game Scenario Series.

[Image: BGx3xEC.gif]
Blake's Sanctum:
- TC Mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, & Star Trek Doom 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games

Really nice work. Looking forward to trying this new race.

From a first look of it through that post only I would say that they seem a bit weak compared to the last added race, XuanYuan. They feel a little bit like an underworld gnoll race. A race that can you probably need to find those special kind of tactics with to make them work really well. But still a very interesting one.

I think the populationbonus in comparison to the number of forest possibly could be 0,5 for each forrest rather than 0,25. After all it's not that usual that there is more than say 5-6 forests in each cityarea which would only give another 1,5 (or 2 if it's rounding up). It's a very slim general boost for the race according to me as in many cases you won't even get more than 1-2 forets in your city.

It could be up to +5.25 max pop if whole area turn into forest by root of genesis. If we set it to +0.5 per forest tile I fear it would be too broken even if you decide to just using change terrain spell with 10.5 more max population than normal forest city would. This race may superficially look like gnoll but their actual play style actually tactical due they have 3 units with stealth. And with some uncommon buffs from nature, chaos, or death, they could turn into broken exploitable race that would suck blood more than once each attack. (You could make units bloodsucking 12 times per attack under right cocktail of buffs while you could only make it up to 8 under vampire lord. but I would not spoil how it could happen, let's you all experiment on by yourself)