As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Pitboss - Greens (new player / newish)

You can create a account and subscribe to this game -> this has the effect, you would get an email when a new turn starts.
But if we have aturn split (war) it's better to show often on the webpage.

Aren't we waiting on the game to be reset with the right settings?

I think Ramk has already changed it. He can do quite a bit of magic behind the scenes.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Getting an error that my version of the game files don't match the servers. So I reinstalled a fresh copy of Civ 4, applied the RB72 mod, and tried again. Same thing happened. Tried logging into the game and it let me without any problems. Am I okay at this point?

Did you patched you game ?
Patch 3.19, after that seems everything okay.
You downloaded the mod from the PBSpy site, not the CtH from RB ? There could be (shouldn't) a small change

I had to escape the first character of the mod name in the wrapper to get it working

(June 18th, 2023, 16:13)greenline Wrote: I had to escape the first character of the mod name in the wrapper to get it working

I'm not sure what this means, and it was clearly using the mod files (I don't use BUG normally and the interface was different in a lot of ways.

I'm definitely on Patch 3.19, and I downloaded the mod files from the PBSPY site.

I had to do mod="\RB72" instead of mod="RB72" for the wrapper shortcut

(June 18th, 2023, 16:19)greenline Wrote: I had to do mod="\RB72" instead of mod="RB72" for the wrapper shortcut

That just made it worse, now instead of warning me about the files not matching, it does that and ALSO gives me "Error - will crash if you attempt to login".

It let me log in before, so I'm inclined to think I'm okay if it let me play the turn? Am I going to break anything if I play in this state?

(June 18th, 2023, 15:46)aetryn Wrote: Getting an error that my version of the game files don't match the servers. So I reinstalled a fresh copy of Civ 4, applied the RB72 mod, and tried again. Same thing happened. Tried logging into the game and it let me without any problems. Am I okay at this point?

The most common reasons for this..
Are the mod files in RB72\RB72?
Is the archive file also in the mod folder?
Are the mod files located in the main installation path or my games?
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data