As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Quote:Enemy wizard is casting Uranus Blessing on outposts, is that intended?

Kinda, yes. City spells in general are allowed on outposts for the AI because eventually they'll become useful anyway. In case of that spell, Magic Market is a very early building and reaching it makes the spell profitable so it's fine.

Quote:I started a war with Sss'ra by accidentally moving my units into his invisible units on the map a few times. Could we trigger a warning before this happens?
That's what wizard's pacts are meant to be used for.

I don't really understand the logic behind wizards pacts preventing stumbling into invisible units.

The reason you attack them is that you have no idea that they are there. A wizards pacts won't let you see the tile is occupied before you attack as it doesn't allow you to see invisible units, so shouldn't make any difference.

I generally don't make many wizards pacts as the AI always settles near a node that I own, which is very annoying.

The logic is that without a treaty both wizards will be trigger happy and fire their spells at the other army as soon as they're in range to do so.
If there is a treaty, common sense dictates there is some sort of communication between the two parties and no shots are fired until it's confirmed the conflict is intentional.

The AI wizard literally tells the player "please sign a wizard's pact to prevent accidental conflict", and this diplomacy text is not even my addition, it was from the original.

Quote:I generally don't make many wizards pacts as the AI always settles near a node that I own, which is very annoying.
So turn that off in modding.ini? Then you can use Wizard's Pacts.

Game consistently crashes a few turns after I start a new game/continue playing any save. To reproduce, I can build any building turn one, then as soon as I mouse over Settlers in the build screen, the game crashes with "An unhandled exception occurred. Please attach a saved game file that can be used to reproduce the crash!"

The log.txt file in C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Master of Magic\Master of Magic Caster Windows just shows scripts being loaded along with hero abilities.

Strangely, sometimes my first set of Settlers disappears from the overland map as well. The icon will have a black background instead of my flag color, and then the next turn the unit just disappears.

I've tried completely deleting every trace of MoM from my system and reinstalling, but the crash happens every single time I try to play. I'm about to reinstall Winblows 10 just to play MoM.

Edit: I've tried reinstalling from both the GoG Launcher and the standalone offline installers.

Known bug, the fix should be out early next week.

Is weapon immunity suppose to blocking arrow from unit without magic weapon? If it is then I think it might be big in recent built as my unit enchanted with wraith form get shot to death by longbowmen in neutral city in version. 1.5.0.

(July 22nd, 2023, 20:33)Suppanut Wrote: Is weapon immunity suppose to blocking arrow from unit without magic weapon? If it is then I think it might be big in recent built as my unit enchanted with wraith form get shot to death by longbowmen with unbuffed in neutral city in version. 1.5.0.

It should add defense against those attacks. If the attack is strong enough, you can still take damage. Post the save file and I'll check.

(July 22nd, 2023, 23:22)Seravy Wrote: It should add defense against those attacks. If the attack is strong enough, you can still take damage. Post the save file and I'll check.

Here you are. This is save of Warlord mod version 1.5.0 run on CoM for windows version 1.5.0. Load save and you would see a unit enchanted by cloak of fear and wraith form, using it to attack high elf city next to it.

.zip   MissileImmunityCantStopLongbow.zip (Size: 69.85 KB / Downloads: 1)

as for mod to load it.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/caster-of-mag...com2-10500

Looks like it works fine.
+8 defense is added from Weapon Immunity.

With the 10 defense on the unit, it has a fairly high chance of not taking damage from the attacks, but against 42 attacking figures each having 5 attack and 40% chance to hit, a few points of damage does get through, and this unit only has 1 hp per figure so even that few points is enough to kill it.

(However Weapon Immunity description says 10 defense which is inconsistent with the 8 added but that's a mod bug.)

Without Weapon Immunity, this unit of spearmen would die from the first attack coming from the Longbowmen, but it survived the entire first turn, only taking 4 damage.