As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

The help text for Power Link says:

"the smaller of 500-x or 4x power is stored in the power link four times"

So 4*(min(500-x), 4*x) is stored? I am guessing that the last "four times" in the description is an error, right?

Quote:My game crashed when I press "Next turn" in the attacked save.

No crash for me, I suspect it's the overflow bug that was already fixed for the next update.
It's caused by extremely strong units. try removing some items from your most powerful heroes and check if that helps.

Quote:Also, in the game the AI never seems to have attacked a single monster-controlled node.
In the provided save file, you already conquered all nodes. If you have a save file from earlier turns where the AI has stack of units strong enough to attack and successfully conquer a nearby node but doesn't do so, let me know.

Quote:* Put unit A on a goto.
* Move unit B onto the tile of unit A, so that B still has movement points, is active.
* Press "wait"

Now the goto of unit A is cancelled. This seem very unintuitive to me, is it a bug?

Seems to be a bug. The Wait button applies to all units, including unselected ones. It should not. Other buttons don't do it either.

It probably was done that way for convenience. That way pressing wait is guaranteed to move to the next tile of units. If I fix this, pressing wait when some units are not selected will only make those units wait, and will then autoselect the rest of the stack so you have to press wait again to continue.

I'm going to fix it anyway for consistency.

Quote:So 4*(min(500-x), 4*x) is stored? I am guessing that the last "four times" in the description is an error, right?
Yes, I will fix the description.

(August 4th, 2023, 10:17)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:Also, in the game the AI never seems to have attacked a single monster-controlled node.
In the provided save file, you already conquered all nodes. If you have a save file from earlier turns where the AI has stack of units strong enough to attack and successfully conquer a nearby node but doesn't do so, let me know.

I can't provide a savegame just now. But I were playing on fair with 6 AIs, so it seems very unlikely to me that I were able to be far enough ahead to conquer every single node on both planes ahead of them.

I got 5 veteran settlers as mercenaries. They did not seem to have any race, so I curiously razed one of my cities and used a settler to make a new city. The game then crashed when the outpost grew into a city.

Attached is the game with the no-race settler ready to settle.

I do like the idea of getting settlers as mercenaries. In human history, that has happened, and some countries have gotten great benefit from skilled foreign peoples settling in their lands. E.g. the Dutch farmers in Denmark, or the German swordmakers in England. It would just work better if the game did not crash :P.

Attached Files
.zip   settler.zip (Size: 128.07 KB / Downloads: 0)

Bug, the implementation of the Settler Mercenary setting in modding.ini was wrong.
This will be fixed in the next update.

Edit : I ran an automatic test game with 1 AI player and they conquered all the nodes on the plane without a problem before year 1524.

(August 4th, 2023, 16:33)Seravy Wrote: Edit : I ran an automatic test game with 1 AI player and they conquered all the nodes on the plane without a problem before year 1524.

Hmm, surprising. Thanks for testing!

(August 4th, 2023, 10:17)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:My game crashed when I press "Next turn" in the attacked save.

No crash for me, I suspect it's the overflow bug that was already fixed for the next update.
It's caused by extremely strong units. try removing some items from your most powerful heroes and check if that helps.

Yeah, removing the Uber shield from Marcus the Ranger "fixed" the crash.

So another bug - have to keep you busy!

I got the special event with a free sword from the Gods. But it happened like this, after pressing end of turn:
* I first got into the items dialogue with the sword in hand, and no explanation. I were also unable to right-click on items to see their stats.
* Then I got other new turn popups (I don't remember exactly which, sorry)
* Then I got the popup that a Returning God gave me the sword.

In version 1.5.1, every time I move unit out of tower tile, patrolled unit either become active right after or move along with unit I move out.

(August 5th, 2023, 06:12)Suppanut Wrote: In  version 1.5.1, every time I move unit out of tower tile, patrolled unit either become active right after or move along with unit I move out.

I reported the same above, with specific reproduction steps. Seravy did not reply, but I assume that was because it was just so obviously a bug that he just fixed it without comment.