As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

The description to Roots of Genesis says that volcanoes raised by me will not be turned into forests. but my speed is turning my volcanoes into forests.

You can use the same save game I posted just above for testing.

I had an AI complain about Power Link creating bad relations. That doesn't make sense, right? Power Link does not negatively affect the other AIs, so it should not be in the list of spells they complain about.

In the attached game, I have an orc and a halfling settler in a tile. If I highlight only the orc settler, and then press "settle", then I would except the orc settler to make the city. Yet it turns out that the halfling city is founded instead.

Attached Files
.zip   settler.zip (Size: 288.6 KB / Downloads: 0)

In the attached save, Brandenburg got hit by plague. When I click on the (plague) text inside the city, I get an empty popup.

Advancing to the next turn, I get a more reasonable popup about population growth. Though it still does not mention what the plague effects are.

Attached Files
.zip   plague.zip (Size: 285.94 KB / Downloads: 1)

In the same game, the green AI player seems to never build shamans to purify corruption. Even though that would obviously be the optimal thing for her to do.

(August 8th, 2023, 09:46)Thue Wrote: In the attached game, the AIs are repeatedly reported to have summoned Torin the Chosen. Including the same AI player repeatedly summoning him. But then when I check their heroes list the next turn, Torin the Chosen is not in the list.

None of the players in the save file are summoning Torin in the posted save file. I passed the turn like 10 times just in case but they didn't start casting Incarnation. Please post a save file where one of the AI wizards is already casting Incarnation, and ideally one where the hero disappears after the spell is completed.

(August 8th, 2023, 09:48)Thue Wrote: The description to Roots of Genesis says that volcanoes raised by me will not be turned into forests. but my speed is turning my volcanoes into forests.

You can use the same save game I posted just above for testing.

I tested this by forcing Roots of Genesis to turn every valid tile to Forest and the Volcanoes were unaffected.
However I did observe a Volcano turning into a Forest by some other effect.

...Your cities have Gaea's Blessing cast on them. Those turn Volcanoes into Forests, including your own.

Place your Volcanoes around enemy cities or neutral territory and they should be fine.

(August 8th, 2023, 09:50)Thue Wrote: I had an AI complain about Power Link creating bad relations. That doesn't make sense, right? Power Link does not negatively affect the other AIs, so it should not be in the list of spells they complain about.

Power Link is pretty much a "stop casting spells or I win the game" type of effect.
It's functionally similar to the old Suppress Magic except instead of countering those spells, it lets them through but gives an abnormal amount of advantage to Power Link's owner, to discourage using those spells.
The emphasis is on "abnormal amount" and it's expected from other AI's and the human player to respond by not using those spells at all or very rarely which is a huge inconvenience for them.

(August 8th, 2023, 09:54)Thue Wrote: In the attached game, I have an orc and a halfling settler in a tile. If I highlight only the orc settler, and then press "settle", then I would except the orc settler to make the city. Yet it turns out that the halfling city is founded instead.

Bug. The code to limit building cities to selected units was missing. This will be fixed in the next update.

Quote:Advancing to the next turn, I get a more reasonable popup about population growth. Though it still does not mention what the plague effects are.

Plague does not have a help text entry and isn't clickable. You're seeing the population growth breakdown, which is normally empty for cities that have maxed out their population.

Quote:In the same game, the green AI player seems to never build shamans to purify corruption. Even though that would obviously be the optimal thing for her to do.
There is no direct relation between corrupted tiles and producing Shaman for the AI. This was done that way to prevent players from abusing AI behaviour by casting Corruption to shut down real unit production and replace it by Shaman then kill those Shaman as they move to purify the tiles and force the AI to keep building more perpetually.
By default the AI will always build Shaman or Priest at a 1 in 12 chance, disregarding normal unit production priorities, to guarantee they always have a few of them available to clear corruption and/or heal units.
Maybe a similar system to settlers where the AI counts how many are available and produce more as needed might be an improvement, but AI using Shaman to purify is unreliable in the first place because it's easy to kill unprotected Shaman wandering around on the map, and it would be extremely difficult to make the AI move Shaman together with larger armies.

For the purify thing, you could just do the easy solution of recording whether that AI has had a lone purifier has been killed recently. Trying and getting a purifier killed once is fine. It is the repeated killing which is stupid/exploity.