As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB70 Mjmd] STAND AS ONE!

Did a bunch of negotiation, BUT I had missed Charriu invading Bing......... OOOPSSSS 

I did check it, but log was pretty complicated and I didn't see.

Edit: Bing pinged me. Looks like he took care of pretty easily / will be able to clean up next turn.

T170

Sorry / not sorry to people who also heard this song in discord general chat.

I realized I forgot some obvious reasons why I wanted peace with Charriu. 

4) I'm obviously not taking the northern cities. They would be crushed by Bing culture anyways, so giving him that task. Keeps him on my good side and gives him something to do that isn't dog piling me. 
5) I wouldn't have had to spend 7 cats,  1 treb, and 1 minuteman taking the city.
6) if he had gifted city in peace I wouldn't have had to care about Koshiro culture. Again partly circling back to 3. Now you can argue it was probably safe to have left Koshiro, but probably worth still killing just in case SD decides to become treacherous / for some reason Charriu marches remaining forces at me.
7) I would have gotten city with infrastructure. IT KEPT ZERO!  banghead

[Image: Xb6e1KI.png]

I did lose a minuteman taking down 2 defenders in Koshiro so I wouldn't have to pay SD 100g. Seems worth. 

He did FINALLY lose some Cuirs last time, which was something I've been hoping for as part of this contract.

Great merchant will cash in for a measly 900g next turn, but that is still worth a little over 2 turns of tech. Played around with destinations, but that seems to be most I could get. I'm not sure EXACTLY when rifles will be, but some time less than both my NAPs with Scooter / SD end. I did my last two drafts of minutemen this turn in any case.

I have 1 settler on the way, but having trouble figuring out where to build the things. 

Storm Along is building Heroic Epic finally now that I have 10exp units. 

Pin if you are still reading, what should I do with 3 great generals? I've been kind of saving to use like I did 1 in the war on situation specific promos. I COULD put all of them in Storm along for 11 exp units. Storm along is probably primarily doing ships, but could easily build other stuff once I'm not even remotely concerned about Scooter (which I only am a little in the east). I could also just keep saving....... Just in case ya know.

How far off is Mil Science? Would 3 commando units be able to kill something important?

Otherwise I say go for the 11xp ships. Getting 3-promo ships out of the gate is really strong
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

So for naval units it would only be 8 exp so two promo, at least until drydocks. So I could put two there and just build ships there, with dry docks puts it to 10exp anyways. Would leave me one for if situations arise. I kind of like that idea.

Doing rifling first, but have been debating mil science vs steel after. I don't think anything can be killed by Commando even with 3, but I might want ships of the line. I can also just drop an army off at cities I want razed.

So what's standing between you and a concession from the field?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Its a good question. I'm hoping drafted rifles plus sea power is good enough.

Just as a quick game update Scooter declared on Bing, took a city, and then made peace I believe giving the city back.

Something that might be contributing is now Bing is paying SD for mercenary services to finish off Charriu. His stated reason was that he was afraid SD would attack him instead, which to be fair I was also worried about. Its bad enough I paid him though now Bing is. PHAH. SD will only be 3-5 turns behind me to rifles. He will have to whip instead of drafting. He may also upgrade his cuirs to cav. I have an NAP with Scooter until T179 and SD until T184. I also negotiated an indefinite NAP with Bing with a 5 turn cancel window. I don't plan on declaring on Bing ever if I can avoid it, so its just nice to know it will just be a solid 2v1.

I think I was just an idiot, but will see.

Scooter and SD wanted an NAP extension to T190, this was awful for me as this is tech parity and gave them build up time.

So lets go over original plan. Original plan was to eat away at Scooter T179 then turn on SD. Now SD would have had rifles by then so unsure how much progress I could have made, but taking 1 island seemed doable and maybe 1 more. Honsestly this probably wins me the game. Now this assumes Scooter isn't about to whip out a massive frigate fleet. He isn't THAT far away. I think they would just start rolling off the line. I think*** I could have done it.

I countered with T215 and they accepted.

Do you expect Scooter and SD to be in a stronger position if given time to build up?

So Scooters tech is trash and SDs is only good because Bing and I have been paying him for work. SD is probably slightly behind me in a normal mode. I also have more cities including some coming online still. I can draft and neither of them can. Which means I can also build wealth and keep pumping army. And I of course have other plans to keep getting ahead.

I do apologize to Commodore. You maybe should just see if people are willing to start the big game. Not like early turns are much and with map set up ect shouldn't be too bad.

It's always hard to know when to pull the trigger
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player