As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[pb72 spoilers]: the esteemed gentleman's literature and book club

I offered Xist peace for the city. Will he take it? 

Aetryn still hasn't discovered a new tech. Perhaps he is blowing all his gold on spreading CreCon around.

The constant spite whipping I could put up with, but self pillaging all your improvements is really enough to get on my nerves.

Oh well. One less city for SD to abuse. He is only leaving 5 pikes in there, so he doesn't expect to hold it.

The main value here will be getting back an extra MinInc resource from this city. But I suspect I will immediately have to have my troops rush back to the core once I rebuilt a railnet because Aetryn and Bing want to dogpile me. Since they are both dumping EPs nonstop on me. Guess who declared on Aetryn? I'll give you a hint, it was the guy with green borders, not me.

He might try to stackwhipe you if he's got more catapults hiding in the fog. That's a lot of hitters to clean up with.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I'm pretty sure what he has on the hill is everything available. He only started whipping a couple of turns ago and it lines up with the forces I have seen him display previously. Pretty sure he can't make it past 30 phracts and the rifles + cannons.

You didn't post your forces wink But yes, that sounds like it should hold.

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Spitewhipping and self pillaging really shouldn't be allowed. Dry whipping is different and can hardly be molded out, but theres almost no legitimate time to ever pillage your own on-road improvements.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Xist emptied his city dry yet again. One more capture for the pile.

Those third ring capital borders will be a pain. Too bad we can't use that holy city culture! I will pillage the roads leading from Rome next turn.

I have a two pairs of workers on the way to re add rails. That way we can shuffle the bulk of the units back to the heartland if need be, by the time the peace treaty expires.

Bing popped a 4 man GA, with his crazy GP generation. That moves him several notches up the threat list. He could use this to get into serious economic civics, or to go into total war mode. I hope this causes Aetryn to not prioritize me as the number one threat. He just discovered Assembly line this turn. I will hold off on building factories until I know what Bing's intentions are, post peace treaty. Might make sense to war / peace him again?

Domestically, most of my cities have been building machine guns with the couple of MinInc executives mixed in. Statue will finally be due next turn.

It may not be cereals, but I will happily take +6 beakers per city. Or +3g+3b, in cases where I only have merchants available. Once I went through every single city and fired the governor assigned spies...

The core continues to churn out machine guns at a decently fast pace, now that MinInc is spread around to the populated cities. Hoping that a bunch of them will stave off any incoming dogpile attempts. We have a rail triangle that goes around the core and all the way to Njal's Saga - just needs to be connected to our stack in the Buddhist holy city.

That's sweet smile Merchants are often better than scientists depending on buildings, and in some cases engineers building wealth is even better than that. Swap them over to engineers when doing the factory push.

Getting factories up on this map combined with MinInc would be a ton of fun. I am just worried the other players will be using their energy to try and prevent that.

We have a lot of MFG, outpacing Bing easily even in another GA, but it takes time to turn all that into units. Here's hoping Aetryn will not lean on a Bing dogpile. At least until we can spam MGs everywhere. MGs will be a pain for anyone to kill until artillery.

(I wonder how much of that MFG lead is just tied up in having Carmilla as a fully set up ironworks city.)

The health from EXP will come in handy for industrialization if nothing else. We have no calendar health resources and will need to wait on HOSPITALS for something besides aqueducts. Our capital will probably lose a scientist.