As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[pb72 spoilers]: the esteemed gentleman's literature and book club

Assembly Line in. I picked SciMeth for our next tech, dure at a very reasonable 3 turns at break even. The research situation will only improve further once Wall St is online. SciMeth seems more valuable currently, given that our only naval adversary is Bing and he is quite a ways away from Combustion.

Another thing I forgot about the modern era is that Pentagon is on AssemblyLine and not Fascism. I think this would be worth building just for denial value - we can knock it out real quick in Carmilla once it builds the factory / coal plant pair. The rest of the core is still working on military or MinInc spreading for the time being - can't feel safe with Bing still prowling. I connected the railway to the city we captured off Rome, so we will be good to get those units back to the core before he can start another war.

Pentagon is definitely worth building, not just for denial. How far away is Wall Street?
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(September 15th, 2023, 08:28)Tarkeel Wrote: Pentagon is definitely worth building, not just for denial. How far away is Wall Street?

5 turns in Creation. Unless we want to build the Factory / Coal plant first there as well.

You have a better feeling for the economy than me, but I think we need gold more than hammers right now?

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

The most urgent priority right now, more than raw hammers or gold, is units:

Bing has his heart set on being a menace to the world. I can just about keep pace with him when I have all my core building units and not wealth. And it helps that having Machine guns gets me more value for pure defensive purposes - each MG kills at least 2 units because it can't be collateralled down. But I have to spread my units over a bunch of different fronts.

Bing also has railroad, so he can shuffle that stack that invaded The Good Earth around just as fast.

The research improvement we got just from building Statue seems to have been plenty - breakeven before meant researching Assembly line in around 6 turns. Now we have SciMeth due in 3. And this with needing to keep a positive gold surplus to spread the corp. When we have the lenience to turn on Wealth builds, we will be unstoppable.

But we need to get that lenience somehow. Bing is refusing to let that happen.

Another bug / fun feature: We yearn to join the motherland happiness is apparently just tied to culture, even if you raze / refound a city:

Meanwhile, BtS changes continue to be a nuisance:

I can just barely keep this city solvent with an aqueduct and a grocer - without a coal plant. I tried asking Bing and Aetryn for a spice trade. Not having any equatorial bananas is a very sad thing. Tempting to get biology next just so I do not have any severe starvation problems...

Bing finally researched Constitution but didn't revolt. Will he be in Representation by the endgame???

Don't forget that there is also supermarkets on the horizon, not that they are very good buildings.

there are several cities that would really like the food, but they are quite expensive to build...

For the next tech after SciMeth - we can't go for physics without grabbing the Astro line first. It is a question of whether it's better to grab Airships and Artillery, Biofarms, or Oil. I'm tempted to grab Biology to have the option of Cereals if we roll another merchant - we have 54% odds for one in 12 turns. But defense offered by Physics and forcing Aetryn to obsolete Colossus in his Oxford capital if he wants to race us there also seems valuable.

We have enough farms that Biology would be very good, and adding Cereal would be awesome. The main advantage for airships is that they are the only way to collateral ships before battleships arrive; they don't have quite the same power on land as it takes a lot of hits to bring a landstack down to 80%.

Biology it shall be. Here's hoping no one has a spare merchant.