As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[pb72 spoilers]: the esteemed gentleman's literature and book club

Question is something else. Who gets the better part of the deal.
IF your army isn't big enough for a first strike in the moment, but in 6-10 turns ? Peace would benefits you.
Even more because you could road the hills again and maybe hit Creation from the fog. How good is Bings scouting (city visibility or airships/planes possible ?)
And even then, the roads/railways would allow a firststrike direct on Creation.
What I wanted to say - Bing can play like you did after you burned Neapolis. You needed the army at our border, but for your, there was not really a war.
Bing could do the same. And IF you need the 10 turns to built your own army, you could use the peace to road the hills - and bait Bing to declare one Aetryn.

I don't know the correct force composition, but from your report I woulod think, the only reason not to accept the peacedeal (and declare in 10 turns) is the possibility, that Aetryn won't open a second front when you don't bind Bing.
And even this possibilty is "negated" because Bing could go to war with Aetryn if he got peace.

Given that we are at war right now, I assume the way Bing responds to my build up is that he also trickle builds units to counter mine.

This is a more desirable outcome to me than if he is at peace and turns on wealth building, and gets to a higher tech like flight or industrialism. I would rather keep him building more of the current gen units and leave him more vulnerable to Aetryn than try and play catch up. Although it does look like I will be the first to artillery.

I will see if I can scrape together enough machine guns in the next turn to put in some rails next to the city.

Bing's great person mill gets him a second shrine! maybe that will help his teching catch up.

Going to move a bunch of machine guns on a hill and see if I can set up some rails towards creation. Without city raider, bing will take nastier casualties if he tries to punch through them.

Aetryn adds tanks to his list of toys as he overtakes Bing in power. Whee!

I had less machineguns on hand then I thought. Lets see if Bing attacks them.

Sure man, if you wanna run through my lands to start razing Bing's core, be my guest. I just want to end the game with my shrine back.

7 turns of painful teching gives us this new toy. But we can cause some damage with that. I plan to build a small bunch of these to retake the Diamond age first, while I continue to also stockpile hitters for the coming battle for Creation.

Bing didn't attack the MG gun mini stack near creation - I will let it fortify a bit before I move in workers to rebuild rails.

Bing was able to trade around 1:1 for the machine guns with cavalry. No matter. Those units were weak! Meanwhile, I only need about 10 artillery pieces and diamond age will fall.

Seeing my growing artillery stack able to hit The Diamond Age from the fog, Bing vacated the city, and I was able to pick it up for free.

To limit any complaints of kingmaking, I sent him this offer for peace. Getting the shrine and HQ back is non negotiable. After that, he can have 10 turns at least to fight Aetryn without me interfering. If he doesn't take peace, I will need about 22 artilleries to bust his machine guns.

Aetryn, in the meanwhile, has unlocked planes, and looks to be going for a naval assault on Bing's coast. Marines are pretty damn scary on this kind of map!

Bing didn't take peace, so that seals his fate. One way or another, I am going to smash 20+ artillery into him, get my shrine back, and keep pushing until the game ends or I die.

Aetryn kicks off the final war by razing a costal city of Bing's. I meant to move my mega stack after Creation, but then embarrassingly realized it was out of range. Oh well, an additional turn lets me gather a few more units.

what can I post in this thread to get more lurker attention in the game, to resolve the reload issues faster?  scared