As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Pitboss - Greens (new player / newish)

(October 14th, 2023, 14:46)Commodore Wrote: It's tricky. You're talking about an intentional move based on a misunderstanding of the mechanics of the game. I've always resolved to play on in those cases, but nobody wants to opine a negative like that.

I normally agree with you, but it is a greens game, so misunderstandings of mechanics I'm a little looser on here. Assuming above is accurate sounds ok. Any combat happen?

Yes, combat occurred. I don't feel strongly on this one, but would be inclined to support a reload.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Apologies for stalling the game over it, but it's one of those things that's so dumb it would make me want to ragequit. I hope Aetryn won't mind (and I doubt he would) when he sees what it was (after the game is concluded, right?)

(October 15th, 2023, 04:17)BING_XI_LAO Wrote: Apologies for stalling the game over it, but it's one of those things that's so dumb it would make me want to ragequit. I hope Aetryn won't mind (and I doubt he would) when he sees what it was (after the game is concluded, right?)

I've made enough dumb mistakes this game that I'm totally sympathetic to other people doing so. No worries about stalling the game.

Ok so with 3 lurkers for and 1 against we should grant it and get the game moving again. Who has perms?
Peace is non-negotiable

reloaded.
Dont screw up again, or ill meme you.
smile
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Thanks! It happens to be the case that I organise a bunch of PBEM games for the original Age of Wonders, and I always encourage people to reload mistakes; so while my occasional begging for a liberal idea of reloads is self-interested, it's at least not hypocritical.

Also I instantly mis-moved a unit after logging in  rolleye

(October 14th, 2023, 14:46)Commodore Wrote: It's tricky. You're talking about an intentional move based on a misunderstanding of the mechanics of the game. I've always resolved to play on in those cases, but nobody wants to opine a negative like that.

So in general I agree with this; I find that the best way to learn from mistakes is to have them actually matter, unless they are of the kind that it's too stupid to let stand.

(October 15th, 2023, 04:17)BING_XI_LAO Wrote: Apologies for stalling the game over it, but it's one of those things that's so dumb it would make me want to ragequit. I hope Aetryn won't mind (and I doubt he would) when he sees what it was (after the game is concluded, right?)

Sounds like this might be a case of the latter? I only know what's posted here in the tech thread though.

(Whenever I play a new boardgame with people, I do allow them one free takeback though, as it's easy to misunderstand consequences)
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Cards on the table: 2/3 of the remaining players have indicated they would be willing to concede. However, every player has indicated they are still having fun, so it is up to you what you choose to do with that information.

My one note would be that this has been a remarkably even, phenomenally paced(record-breaking?), good-spirited and generally well-played game, even for a "greens" one. It has even (selifshly) been very self-reported. Y'all should be proud, whatever you choose to do.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(October 17th, 2023, 20:41)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Cards on the table: 2/3 of the remaining players have indicated they would be willing to concede. However, every player has indicated they are still having fun, so it is up to you what you choose to do with that information.

My one note would be that this has been a remarkably even, phenomenally paced(record-breaking?), good-spirited and generally well-played game, even for a "greens" one. It has even (selifshly) been very self-reported. Y'all should be proud, whatever you choose to do.

See bolded. But ya if you guys are having fun up to you. I know our multi player games generally don't get this far in the tech tree which I fully understand is both stressful but also get to use units completely differently than single player. I also am fully aware  it can be a drain, but up to ya'll.