As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[pb72 spoilers]: the esteemed gentleman's literature and book club

Industrial-modern warfare does get pretty messy and has some dynamics that we don't see as often as earlier-era warfare. Also, flanking doesn't work when attacking a city, so stuffing in a ton of catapults to absorb collateral isn't that easy to punish (short of dropping a nuke).

Despite the appalling losses I took last turn, Bing pulled back his remaining garrison from Creation. He must really need those units elsewhere!

Recapturing Creation insta-spread MinInc back to all my cities, and the bump in income put Flight to six turns. I'll consolidate and rebuild my forces for now, this time with more horse units. Then maybe we can march further into Bing's core, on the side of the border near Atlas Shrugged. That's the only way I can see winning from this position - making meaty gains while Aetryn and Bing exhaust themselves against each other.

currently, with all my settled GGs and pentagon, my ironworks city can produce 17 xp horse units (presumably 15 xp regulars). what would be the threshold for getting to commandoes? West Point?

You need 26 XP for Commando out of the gate, in PB58 Fondor had 6 settled GGs to achieve that, and that was with Pentagon and WestPoint, and IIRC theocracy but not vassalage.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Dang. That'll put us a while off. Oh well.

Pictures from the current turn:

No shark fins visible from Aetryn attacking Bing yet. Bing appears to be retreating, having given up several cities to Aetryn thus far.

(October 16th, 2023, 17:50)greenline Wrote: Despite the appalling losses I took last turn, Bing pulled back his remaining garrison from Creation. He must really need those units elsewhere!

Recapturing Creation insta-spread MinInc back to all my cities, and the bump in income put Flight to six turns. I'll consolidate and rebuild my forces for now, this time with more horse units. Then maybe we can march further into Bing's core, on the side of the border near Atlas Shrugged. That's the only way I can see winning from this position - making meaty gains while Aetryn and Bing exhaust themselves against each other.

Mind posting a map of these gain targets? Cheers for fighting on and retaking.  popcorn
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(October 17th, 2023, 08:24)Commodore Wrote:
(October 16th, 2023, 17:50)greenline Wrote: Despite the appalling losses I took last turn, Bing pulled back his remaining garrison from Creation. He must really need those units elsewhere!

Mind posting a map of these gain targets? Cheers for fighting on and retaking.  popcorn

This is Bing's land furthest from the Aetryn front - ideally, it would be the least heavily defended and the least able to reinforced. With sufficient numbers of artillery + horses I should be able to make better progress. Also want fighters to not have to deal with airships sniping my stacks.

As a note, helicopter gunships can indeed take charge as well, fwiw.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I would be surprised if the game was still going on by the time I reached Advanced Flight, but noted.

And Mining back is a great win too. I wasn't sure if you get it back - I was suprised that mining got deleted, so this seems to be only a "bug" in the interface.
But something could be interesting too:
1. CreCon in a city.
2. Spread Mining -> CreCon should disappear.
3. Spread Aluminium -> Mining should disappear. What does CreCon ?