As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Medieval Start PitBoss

I thought we were just going for medieval era start, not advanced start as well? Although if we do want advanced start, I'm game

Starting techs with medieval start are everything up to and including the Literature column, except Machinery, as well as Drama and CoL

I would prefer to keep bans to the minimum

I assumed pindicator's "Advanced Start" comment was shorthand for "advanced era" not actual Advanced Starts, but I could be wrong. (Though I would not turn down the prospect of combining the two.)

Think I'm interested in playing this. The religion thing does need to be resolved though I think. It seems pretty busted to just RNG half the players getting a religion and the other not. Is it possible to just WB in a religion for everyone prior to T6, that way there's no religions to hand out? Alternatively could somehow incorporate that into the draft if you all wanna get really wild. lol

(February 6th, 2024, 09:51)yuris125 Wrote: I would prefer to keep bans to the minimum
Concur. Unless we want to ban Scooter from Vikings.  mischief

I was thinking normal medieval start, so the 2 settlers, explorer, etc. If there are five players and four religions spawn, does #5 just get left out entirely or is he just denied a holy city? Ramk can give Islam to the left-out player if that's the case.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Players who don't randomly get religion get nothing and need to research appropriate techs to found one of the later ones. I would be in favour of giving everyone their own religion via worldbuilder if that's an option

(February 6th, 2024, 11:29)yuris125 Wrote: Players who don't randomly get religion get nothing and need to research appropriate techs to found one of the later ones. I would be in favour of giving everyone their own religion via worldbuilder if that's an option

That's easily within Ramk's witchcraft abilities with his hosting.

(February 6th, 2024, 10:24)scooter Wrote: I assumed pindicator's "Advanced Start" comment was shorthand for "advanced era" not actual Advanced Starts, but I could be wrong. (Though I would not turn down the prospect of combining the two.)

I started the advanced start talk? Oh that was very much my brain crossing up terms again, I was thinking era.

I think I would prefer just the medieval era start to try that out separate from other mechanics, but I have no issue with an Advanced Start setting if others feel strongly in favor for it.

Regarding religions, if we have more people than religions handed out, do we have a plan for that? I guess we have a few options:
  • Let RNG take the wheel and accept some people don't get a free religion
  • Remove earlier religions from the game
  • Ensure everybody starts with a free religion
  • Change tech requirement for early religions to be later in the tree (really don't like this one)
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(February 6th, 2024, 11:30)Commodore Wrote:
(February 6th, 2024, 11:29)yuris125 Wrote: Players who don't randomly get religion get nothing and need to research appropriate techs to found one of the later ones. I would be in favour of giving everyone their own religion via worldbuilder if that's an option

That's easily within Ramk's witchcraft abilities with his hosting.

Yeah this seems to be by far the cleanest solution.

You don't even need Ramk if you just give everyone a missionary at the start.

I didn't mean advanced start, though that is obviously an option.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Everyone starting with a different missionary seems best to me. If we have 6 players that just leaves Islam to be founded at Divine Right.

Note that people would need to use their missionary before ending the 5th turn or you risk losing your holy city.

I would prefer fewer bans rather than more bans. Not sure if Imp should be banned or not but I would prefer some form of snake pick rather than random.

I was thinking a regular Medieval start (2 settlers ect) but I'm not opposed to the idea of doing an Advanced start where we all get points to spend at the start.
fnord

(February 6th, 2024, 17:07)Thoth Wrote: Everyone starting with a different missionary seems best to me.  If we have 6 players that just leaves Islam to be founded at Divine Right.

Note that people would need to use their missionary before ending the 5th turn or you risk losing your holy city.

I would prefer fewer bans rather than more bans.  Not sure if Imp should be banned or not but I would prefer some form of snake pick rather than random.

I was thinking a regular Medieval start (2 settlers ect) but I'm not opposed to the idea of doing an Advanced start where we all get points to spend at the start.

Only finesse is that I'd actually suggest having Islam as the extra religion missionary, so that Philo/Theo (available at the start) still have that extra appeal.