As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Medieval Start PitBoss

I would be very happy if you could sort out the ban-list.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Ok, I'll vote to ban Byzantium just to settle thai
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

[EDIT: I need to read more carefully. Yes, barb cities being candidates for the holy cities that get assigned T6 obviously does mess with a plan of allowing the game to assign them normally. Another option...] (it worked last time we had a medieval-start game) would be with a mod specific to this PB that moves Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, and Confucianism all to e.g. Future Tech. Then you can do what you llike with those religions: Leave them effectively out of the game, distribute missionaries for some or each of them (including Islam if you want), assign their Holy Cities to pre-placed Barb cities, ask Ramk to assign their Holy Cities on T1, or whatever else you prefer; the religions will work normally once established even though their techs have never been researched by anybody.

(February 10th, 2024, 14:32)Tarkeel Wrote: I would be very happy if you could sort out the ban-list.

Seems like Byzantium is banned and nothing else as I don't see a lot of enthusiasm for other bans. Anyone object?

(February 10th, 2024, 22:14)scooter Wrote:
(February 10th, 2024, 14:32)Tarkeel Wrote: I would be very happy if you could sort out the ban-list.

Seems like Byzantium is banned and nothing else as I don't see a lot of enthusiasm for other bans. Anyone object?
All good. I could have seen an argument for leaving Byz unbanned, but there's plenty else to pick from.

Tarkeel, anything else you need from us to start making starts? I am assuming we wait for that and then can snake pick.

Scooter, when is your ideal play window(s)? What Thoth/Yuri/Pin/I had for 71 seemed to work great for our sequence.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Had a busy weekend, but I think I got the first start down.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(February 11th, 2024, 14:13)Commodore Wrote:
(February 10th, 2024, 22:14)scooter Wrote:

All good. I could have seen an argument for leaving Byz unbanned, but there's plenty else to pick from.

Tarkeel, anything else you need from us to start making starts? I am assuming we wait for that and then can snake pick.

Scooter, when is your ideal play window(s)? What Thoth/Yuri/Pin/I had for 71 seemed to work great for our sequence.

My schedule and play window have changed since PB71.     My preferred window nowdays is 17:00 -20:00 EST, with a secondary window in the early morning 04:00-06:00 EST.   smile
fnord

My consistent daily window is 7-11pm eastern (midnight-4am GMT, shifted by an hour soon), though obviously when turns are less complex I can regularly play earlier.

I'm generally around, but most consistent window is 9pm-2am GMT

My most consistent window is 0000-0600 GMT.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player