As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers] Commodore gets medieval

Wasn't the Vikings on your team in the only MP game that I can think of? One of the Civ6 Pbem?

yeah, and then thrawn's vikings ate me (and everyone else) in PBEM22....

but if you're saying that PBEM20 has stuck more firmly in the cultural memory i would not object to such a reality lol

i think, played optimally and with water-accessible city-states, civ6 vikings are even worse than in civ4 and are must-bans on water maps..... with a dedicated longship spam gameplan, thrawn DOWed the whole world at once and won without losing a unit in under 60 turns

Of course, that team game was so cool. A bit marred by CMF's teammate maybe. Certainly more memorable than a game that was so over so rapidly I barely realized it was running. Which is why I didn't even remember it until you reminded me.

ljubljanahi comm may i live here pls

idk what any of these settings do.... or techs.... or tile improvements....... but um i'm great at getting eaten by vikings so i can perhaps provide a shoulder to cry on

also: destrier when? :D :neigh:

Sure, no promises that I know anything at all but I am happy to think about it out loud with you. It does look like we have a pair of barbarian cities between each of us along the ring, which makes it even more skewed towards naval action. Grim to see that the horses are on the barbarian City to the right, suspect that means that our only native source is either on the far side of the Ring halfway between the two cities of the barbarians or else they have been shuffled to the islands. Very paranoid about horses archery.
[Image: zQ9JmjB.jpg]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

hmmm it does kind of look like those barb cities have been deliberately made landlocked, for whatever that's worth re zerks

do you know what they start with on these settings? or are we thinking they were worldbuilt in and we should make no assumptions?

(February 18th, 2024, 19:58)ljubljana Wrote: hmmm it does kind of look like those barb cities have been deliberately made landlocked, for whatever that's worth re zerks

do you know what they start with on these settings? or are we thinking they were worldbuilt in and we should make no assumptions?
These were worldbuilt in, so assumptions are a little iffy. Looks like a couple longbows as garrison, which I REALLY HOPE have city_defense AI mission set. As you can also see, our neighbor to the east around the ring is Scooter, so not the scariest short-term, might be worth poking. This of course means that the north ring-neighbor is Pindicator, because I'm not allowed to not neighbor Pin in one of these games.
[Image: KNK2iBD.jpg]

Borders popped. As I'd speculated, horses on the island, so that's something we need to settle asap. Very unsafe, but walls with longbows make it at least dangerous.
[Image: phJyXOq.jpg]

The Yellow Castle is the original Lego Castle with hinged walls and mounted knights.

(February 19th, 2024, 09:41)Commodore Wrote: These were worldbuilt in, so assumptions are a little iffy. Looks like a couple longbows as garrison, which I REALLY HOPE have city_defense AI mission set. 

If you hover over them, you should be able to see their current mission.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I don't think so(?). Unless Commodore can activate world builder. mischief

Debug mode is what you're thinking of.

Also, at this point Thoth has played more BTS then FFH2. He's more dangerous in those settings, but BTS is his home.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Hinduism is our rolled religion. We're really abusing Ramk's console-abilities on this one, now he's got to wipe the barb cities' random spreads.
[Image: TALJeLs.jpg]