As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB76] Strange women lurking in ponds and distributing swords

I mean Commodore is going to catch a huge break here, but I think it will make it a lovely 3 person game where Commodore tries to balance Thoth and Pin against each other. I'm not convinced this is ending soon.

I find scooter's behavior difficult.
In my opinion, it's okay not to defend effectively against a combatant and even to withdraw units - if you can gain advantages on another front. - See my PB72 with Bing.
But explicitly opening a 2nd front and then withdrawing from it is wrong in my opinion.
Nothing to intervene in, but morally difficult.

Other opinions ?

It's very difficult, when facing a 2 front war, to ensure that both attackers are being defended against equally.

I disagree Xist, I think Scooter's behavior is perfectly fine. He has to defend equally if he can preserve his empire. Like if he was taking Thoth's cities while Commodore invades, that would not be okay. But he's dead. And doesn't have an obligation to make sure that both invaders get equal spoils. Destabilizing one rival only to help another more is a common historical theme

Also Commodore was going to invade regardless
Peace is non-negotiable

I've been on all sides of this. As long as he is leaving good defensive units like longbows as defenders I'm ok with it. If you are that weak gotta pick your battles. Just letting both sides die for little injury is the least satisfying. Most damage you can do is usually to concentrate collateral and most hitters possible.

(April 13th, 2024, 21:20)Mjmd Wrote: Most damage you can do is usually to concentrate collateral and most hitters possible.

See Scooter destroying Thoths stack as example lol .

I think, I was not clear somewhere ?
My problem ist not, that scooter is withdrawing from the Commodore front.
My problem is, scooter created the Commodore front.
For me, this is city gifting with a extra step.

I don’t want this to be banned - it’s very difficult to find a clear line - but I don’t like it.
For example my similar actions in the 72 where part of a altered deal. Bing got 3 cities without a fight.
Here I think scooter had mostly intentions. Commodore had to fight for his cities.

I have to take a few things back.
scooter only wrote that it wanted to abandon the cities.
Commodore had to fight for the cities. And with a new situation scooter wrote that he wanted to turn to Commodore.

I wonder if Pin will notice Commodores negative GNP. lol 

I mean I'm sure Commodore can eventually get it back positive, but I don't know how much more tech pace he is going to make.

Scooter did have at least token defenders on the Commodore front, at least whatever longbow or two he could whip per city, right? That's fair enough I think, let him play out his lost cause however he wants it to go.