As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Remnants of the Precursors Succession Game?

All looks good to me!

(April 25th, 2024, 19:55)haphazard1 Wrote: We have had SGs in the past where this happened, and it became clear 60-80 turns in that victory was not going to be possible even with excellent play. We decided to concede the game and rolled another start. (RefSteel made an effort to play on with the original start and was doing pretty well last time I checked the thread; not sure if that game ever finished.)

I wouldn't say it's going well except for the part about still being alive in that hostile galaxy, but I do plan to play it out and see what I can do! It's been on hold for a couple of months now though, waiting for me to have another block of time when I can simultaneously concentrate on a good challenge, take time out to play a game, and not have a more-critical project (like the EitB map) on my plate. Speaking of which...

(April 25th, 2024, 20:51)Dp101 Wrote: So I guess we’re just waiting on whenever RefSteel’s other commitments drop away (any approximate ETA on that?) and then we’ll all be ready?

(April 25th, 2024, 21:03)haphazard1 Wrote: The settings listed by Fenn are OK by me. I am ready to start whenever the team is. Is RefSteel still working on the map for the EitB game? I have not checked that forum in a while.

I'm still waiting/hoping for some feedback, but unless Q or Tarkeel (or someone else who asks to see the map) points out a glaring problem, that map is about ready to ship, so I should be ready to give some game time to this SG!

Yay, it looks like we're ready to go. I can roll a start right now. I think the traditional early game turns is 20, 20, 15, 15 then ten each.

Any preferences on turn order?
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Ok played the turns. I'm not great at telling stories and we have a big question to ask about the game after I reveal all, so I'm just going to do a turn dump here:

Start game, pick green because we're winners!

T1 one yellow in range send colony, the scouts go to the nearest red and orange stars
[Image: iMsxuRS.png]

T4 Avantador! Size 85 fertile with artefacts - but not where I sent the colony ship cry
[Image: MBJys3N.png]
T4 redux Cordath!! 95 terran also artefacts Colonise. lol
[Image: iRyTLj7.png]
Send 10 pop to Cordath and set Sssla to build two scouts, rest to industry
T4 again Techs were Reduced Ind Waste 80 & Class 2 shields

T5 send the two scouts to the remaining planets in range

T6 scout Kesleth - decent size 70 fertile Arid planet no technologies
[Image: Qm9vZz7.png]

T11 Lussolth - Size 35 desert nothing to write home about
T11 redux Sudreth - Size 55 Arid ditto
Didn't take screenies as the planets were too meh.
T11 again Open tech this year 2 to 1 propulsion to planetology ratio. We'll need at least range four pronto
[Image: n8noYlm.png]

T12 took +10 terraforming over Improved Eco in Planetology Propulsion only offered range 5

T16 Planetology in the percentages, put more spending to Propulsion

T18 Terraforming comes in pick Death Spores to advance the tree. Would have taken Improved Eco only we've already a waste clean-up tech
[Image: zHKn6Ge.png]
T18 redux allocate enough spendinge to terraform Sssla - colony ship can be done in four turns now.

T20 Save game hand over. Big question, with two Artefacts do we want to re-roll?

Whoever wants the save if we want to play on let us know. Usual 24/48 hour rules apply for the turns, but not this time I think due to the question on the save.

Attached Files
.zip   Ssslaura SG1 T20.zip (Size: 44.43 KB / Downloads: 2)

A start sounds good to me. smile

For turn order, unless someone has a specific time requirement I guess we can let people grab the save when they have time. Post a got it, then play within 24 (or 36) hours is the usual approach. I can usually play any time, weekdays or weekends, so if weekends are easier for others then I can wait until mid-week.

(April 27th, 2024, 12:31)haphazard1 Wrote: A start sounds good to me. smile

For turn order, unless someone has a specific time requirement I guess we can let people grab the save when they have time. Post a got it, then play within 24 (or 36) hours is the usual approach. I can usually play any time, weekdays or weekends, so if weekends are easier for others then I can wait until mid-week.

Missed my last post neenerneener

hey here's a tip that's not well known. If you assign the .rotp savefile type to the ROTP executable, then double-clicking on the save will automatically start ROTP and load the save. Guaranteed to save 15 seconds of your life!

Wow, updated while I typed. lol

That start...wow. eek Two artifacts worlds, two fertiles, and (if I am counting right) 4 habitable planets scouted already? I don't think I have ever seen a start this good. I agree that we may want to re-roll, as this game is likely to turn into a complete curb-stomping of the AIs.

Hahahaha beautiful! I also favor rerolling the start. Two ART worlds within three parsecs, RW80 from one of them, one size 95, one 85 FERTILE, with more space to expand and no sign of an enemy breathing down our scaly necks yet suggests this is going to be a major outlier of a game. Not that I want a nightmare start, but something at least within shouting distance of the middle of the bell curve would probably be best for our first RotP SG!

Note for our Orion SGs, we usually played 20-15-15-10-10-10-10... turn sets, so the second player would take us to T35 and the third to T50, with ten-turn sets thereafter, if we're keeping to the old standard. I'm not sure if RotP's easier management and larger galaxies suggest spreading the turns out more; Dp101 would probably know better how many turns feels like a good number to play in one sitting for different parts of the game.

(Also, thanks for the tip, Ray F!)

I'll wait until everybody else chimes in, but if we're rerolling, I'd ask the next player to do so.

Happy to reroll given all that lol. Amusingly I had the same thing happen when I tried a harder/modnar game to refresh myself, playing as the bots I popped improved eco restoration followed by IRC3. And given how not-close that was, even if the pops here were not quite as absurd it’s probably still too much.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!