As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New / Returning Players PB Game

As many of you know I try to do a greens game about once a year. This year I thought I would specifically also invite players who haven't played a pitboss game in a while, but haven't won one / done well in the past but want to give it another shot. 

I've had success making sure everyone gets a dedicated lurker in the past so you will have someone to help you out.

Mod will be CtH, which is designed to be "Close to Home". IE fixes a lot of major issues, but is pretty easy to transition from base as mostly sticks "Close to Home".
https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...?tid=11060

Please note this is a long term commitment of multiple months requiring you to play a turn every day. We all realize life happens and when it does we just ask you post and ask for an extension.

Signups:
xist10 - with Fenn
ricketyclik
Giraflorens
Coldrain - ded lurker Dreylin
Miro

Ded Lurkers:
SD
Gav
Cairo

Map Maker:
Greenline

Etiquette thread:
https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...p?tid=7311

Voted settings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...id=0#gid=0
Set settings:
- Simultaneous turns
- Difficulty: Monarch
- Usual listed in sheet

50-50 on whether I'll sign up. I always sign up when I have time for these, and then it evaporates...

You should advertise this on reddit/civfanatics/etc. always fun to get new blood in.
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

If you want to have me again, I'm interested.
But time could be a problem.

I posted an advertsment on civforum.de. We have 3 "returning" players actual and I think a few players with a similar strenght like me.

I'm keen.

(June 13th, 2024, 11:05)Mjmd Wrote: As many of you know I try to do a greens game about once a year. This year I thought I would specifically also invite players who haven't played a pitboss game in a while, but haven't won won / done well in the past but want to give it another shot. 

So you're saying i can play. mischief
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

I've signed you up as a ded lurker just like the last couple greens games.

I'm signed up for enough games that I don't want to get involved in any more. I would be willing to make a map though. If the players had any dimensions or settings in mind I can accommodate those

(June 13th, 2024, 21:50)Mjmd Wrote: I've signed you up as a ded lurker just like the last couple greens games.

smoke
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Bump.

I know there are more out there that want to play.
-Old Harry. PB48.

I have done pretty badly in my last few games, maybe I've reverted back to being a green. mischief
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)