As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 5 SG

No worries, we'll just slot you last smile. I say we do default game settings and random leader. Continents map. What does everyone think?

Darrell

Just a thought, but what made RB 1 a Great imho was the off the bat Variant - is there a variant you could put into this game that while not teying to out do the Culumbian Isolationists but make it as potentialy fun to follow??
Globally Lurking:
Unspoilt in all (at the moment)
Playing:

Finished:
PBEM 11: Hammurabi of England (Probably Last)
Pitboss 4: Wang Kon of Arabia (Finished 7th out of 8)

[Image: 1367939.png]

darrelljs Wrote:No worries, we'll just slot you last smile. I say we do default game settings and random leader. Continents map. What does everyone think?

Darrell

Sounds good, even though i don't really like water games so much in civ 4, this should have changed for the better in Civ 5 (haven't tried myself yet, since the demo only goes to turn 100). What difficulty though? Considering the AI has been less than impressive in the demo games i've played at King.

In for lurking. You just have to figure out how to post screenshots.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Ruff_Hi Wrote:In for lurking. You just have to figure out how to post screenshots.

for me there in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 Demo\ScreenShots

[Image: Civ5Screen0000.jpg]

Just hit Print Screen like in BTS
Globally Lurking:
Unspoilt in all (at the moment)
Playing:

Finished:
PBEM 11: Hammurabi of England (Probably Last)
Pitboss 4: Wang Kon of Arabia (Finished 7th out of 8)

[Image: 1367939.png]

someone mentioned that they don't come out in jpg format.
IdiotsOpposite Wrote:Be patient. I just need to find a good TGA to JPG converter, and then I'll post screenies.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Irfanview is a neat program for converting TGA pictures. It's simple, small and free to download and use. smile

http://www.irfanview.com/
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

I assume a Succession Game is exactly what it sounds like?

One guy plays 5-10 turns, and then hands it off to someone else?

Gold Ergo Sum Wrote:I assume a Succession Game is exactly what it sounds like?

One guy plays 5-10 turns, and then hands it off to someone else?

Correct.

@Darrell - I'm fine w/ pretty default settings.

RE: a variant - I agree I'd be good for thread hit purposes, but can we craft one? Civ4 RB1 wasn't JUST a variant, it was a fun thematic one. We could do "no accepting city state requests" or "no trading luxury resources," but that wouldn't recreate the RB1 flair IMHO. We'd want something more than a small additional handicap.

Well for a game challenge you could go with only manly combat (no archers or any range2+ attacks) because the this is the easiest strategy against the AI.