As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

SG2- People Who Also Still Want to Get Better at Civ IV

Woohoo, bring in the wonders! Nice.

The reason the gold had the fort on it was that forts actually connect resources; it was not in any cities' BFC, so a fort was actually superior to a mine there.

Nakor is UP!
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Let's get us a bit further then...

T300: Adjust some spec's and spread Mining Inc to Evora.

T301: Nothing much

T302: Rome is captured by Zara... Golden Age ends...

T303: Laser is in, onto Fiber Optics. Spread Mining Inc some more.

T304: Nothing special...

T304: Action at last!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0120-1.jpg]

Sure, Zara! We'll help a bit for a better relation. Sal ends our Defensive pact, though.... Then again, what can we build but more Tanks! lol

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0121.jpg]

Next wonder T330.

Time to get our military out of their barracks!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0122.jpg]

You never should have taken it back, Ceasar! I decide to keep it, just for fun...

T306: Fiber Optics in, Fusion next

T307: Arretium captured. Suicided two cannons.

T308: Hollywood finishes. Next wonder T333

T309: Fision in, onto Composites

T310: Parthian captured. Rome down to 3 cities.

T311: Nothing special

T312: Arpenium captured, Rome destroyed. Composites in, onto Computers

T313: Returning all units to nearby cities. War is over.

T314: Sign a Def. Pact with Sal. Mining Inc is spread to all our cities. Please take a look at Faro. Is it really that bad? Order up a bunch of IA's and SB's to get better EP. All Spaceship parts are being build.

T315: Computers in, Robotics next. Last part of the spaceship will take 7t, so we need another 17t to finish this game. Good luck!

Nice dogpile on Caesar. That had to feel very rewarding. That bastard had it coming for 300+ turns.

I did not know that about forts. I guess that is why we play SGs. duh

I would have to look at Faro, but even last time I played, I remember thinking that while it had good production, the drag it put on our economy for 100+ turns probably wasn't worth it. It is a productive city now though. I have no idea how to even crunch the numbers to find out what its economic drag was and see if it comes out in the wash. Is it still working tiles DRC could be working to make it productive? It would've really benefited from Sid's.

I say try to queue whatever Wonders are left to appease our Gods. Found the Islam shrine. Lets do it up big time.

If it is only going to be 17 more turns, feel free to finish it off Tatan.

If we play an Emperor game, do we want a variant, or should we just try to win?

I think a nice simple variant like the "isolationist" variant from Sullla and Sirian would be intersting, but let's not make it to difficult. I struggle a bit at Emperor still.... alright

Tatan, please take the honors!

Alright! I'll play tonight.

I'll try to screw up as little as possible! thumbsup
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Hell, have you seen our demographics? Sufficed to say, if there have been any screw-ups, they haven't exactly been overly detrimental. lol

Wow, everything is awesome, except Zara's giant military. We could hold him off if worse came to worse with our superior tech, but still... just to play it safe...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0109.jpg]

Go get him, boy!

Oh, and what are all these Great People doing, just sitting around like that? Let's waste 'em! Islam shrine founded for a grand total of 4 GPT! UN is GE rushed in Stalingrad! GA bombs Arretium!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0110.jpg]

And why are so many wonders still available to build?! Red Cross started in Lisbon! Internet in Yaroslavl! Manhatten Project in Novgorod! C'mon, guys, let's have some fun!

UN completes, Space Elevator started in Stalingrad!

Alright, I concede the UN was maybe not the best idea:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0112.jpg]

Mt. Rushmore starts in Rostov! A great scientist is born, so I found Ethanol, Inc in St. Pete!

I manage to screw up and not launch for several turns; finally in Turn 323 I remember.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0113.jpg]

Welcome, the glorious Russian empire accepts all!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0114.jpg]

Nice try, Zara.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0115.jpg]

What the hell, sure. For some gold, I get Sal to join in the fun, as well.

On turn 327, Moscow goes Legendary. It has over three times the culture as in our next highest city!

Both Manhatten Project and the Internet complete on Turn 330.

Turn 332: Saladin completes Apollo, Oh Noes! yikes We still have a whole turn to go! lol
We also get a great engineer. Woot.

Final pics of the empire:

Former Rome

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0118.jpg]

Former Portugal

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0116.jpg]

The Russian Homeland

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0117.jpg]

Faro, Crown Jewel Of The Empire

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0119.jpg]

Our tenuous tech lead [keep in mind we have researched every tech and will research Future Tech 2 at end of turn]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0120.jpg]

Entertaining demographics pics

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0122.jpg]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0123.jpg]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0124.jpg]

And, of course, Aksum getting blown sky-high

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0121.jpg]

Always wanted to do that.

Mission recap: we set out to build a whole crapload of wonders, and BY GOD WE DID IT. Out of the 42 wonders built, 28 of them were by us. lol Darn, SDI was due at the end of turn, too!

End turn and the secrets of Refrigeration were stolen by enemy infiltrators! rant Oh, and:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0125.jpg]

A 1913 Space win, not too shabby considering how many hammers we poured into wonders. Incidentally, it also was the top score in my hall of fame thumbsup [Which I refuse to show here, because of the Chieftain losses! lol Just... don't ask.]

One last insult from Augustus:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0126.jpg]

Oi, we kicked his arse!

Save of final turn attached for nostalgic purposes.

Gold Ergo Sum, Nakor, it was great playing with you guys, I felt only a little behind in skill level [wink], and you guys were both great about posting and playing the turns. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be completely perfect in that respect, but hey, it was an awesome game.

Great game everyone. That is a very solid finish, like you said, considering how often we played sub-optimally due to variant rules.

I certainly don't think there is much skill difference between any of us. We were very well suited to play together.

Here is what I did if we are interested in trying our hand at moving up in difficulty.

I rolled four completely random starts in between watching the Heat v Celtics. The only setting is Vassal States off:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0045.jpg]

Zara of Germany:

[Image: ZaraofGermany0000.jpg]

[Image: Zarastart0000.jpg]

Vicky of India:

[Image: VictoriaofIndia0000.jpg]

[Image: Vickystart0000.jpg]

Suryavarman of Greece:

[Image: SuryavarmanofGreece0000.jpg]

[Image: SurStart0000.jpg]

Ghandi of Carthage:

[Image: GhandiofCarthage0000.jpg]

[Image: Ghandistart0000.jpg]

Great job, GES and Tatan!
Shall we start the new GS in a new thread? Maybe someone wants to join us.

Personally I'd go for Vicky of India.