As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

MOO2: Interesting builds

Been trying a few different custom builds on Impossible and just putting these out there:

1) Spy Master (as already mentioned in a prior thread)

-Feudal
-Repulsive
+Telepathic
+Spying +2
+Omniscient 
+Production +1
+Rich Home World

Never use scientists. Steal tech and crank our ships to takeover planets.

2) Super Sakkra

-Repulsive
-Money
+Aquatic
+Subterranean
+Unification
+Large Home World
+Rich Home World

Luck in early planet options plays a big role in this build. If you can find a good Tundra or better planet early it can be huge. The times I've played it on Average universe age, I got generally bad luck with only barren, radiated and desert options into the early mid game, but even with that, the home world is so powerful that its quite good. Once you can get a couple of Terran planets protected by monsters you're set. The home world has 28 max pop!

3) Trade Master

+Charismatic
+Fantastic Trader
+Spying +10

Doesn't seem like much, but is actually works. Playing Charismatic is a big change after playing Repulsive so much. The Leaders are actually pretty good. I like picking up leaders with Spying bonuses to help supplement research, and then buying a lot of production.

4) Early Raider

- Repulsive
- Ground Combat
+Telepathic
+Warlord
+Unification
+Rich Home World

This actually works fairly well on Impossible because the  AI races are so overpowered, the goal is to simply take over the AI races quickly and use their advantages for yourself. Even without Omniscience you kind of know where they will be and can make your way to them. Missile boats to start are good. You should be able to take the race closest to you pretty easily with a rush, unless maybe they are Mrrshan. 

Anyone have any other good themed combinations?