As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB58] Tarkeel and Amicalola's rule through fear

(Yes, the post title is meant to be satire)

This will actually be my first proper Civ4 multiplayer game, although I've been giving some feedback (and playing some turns) for Amicalola in PB56. As such I have no illusions about winning this, but I'll do my best to survive and not be an easy meal for whomever tries to eat me.

Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.
--Wilhuff Tarkin

The theme for the game/thread will be Star Wars, in particular the Galactic Empire.

[Image: fearwillkeeptheminline.gif]
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Pre-game Notable turns Cities Planets
Password is
force

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

You can have the ambition to win the game while being aware that your winning chances are not high. I don't think playing to merely do well/stay alive is a good mindset for learning and improving.

Civac is right. Otherwise I'm looking forward to this and your opinions about the mods elements. smile
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Oh, I intend to do my best to win, I just won't be demoralized if no clear path materializes :P

While we don't have a start to think about just yet, it's never too early to make the most important decision: Naming scheme.
  • Star Wars planets. This has been done, but this could be a fitting game for it.
  • Miskatonic valley/Lovecraft county/Lost cities.
  • Locations from (World of) Warcraft or EverQuest
  • CyberPunk locations would be zeitgeist-y, but I'm not sure how many good names I can find. Should dig out the old 2020 books.

Dedlurker Amica reporting for duty! nod

Will be nice to play a game from the other side of the fence.

Edit: have you thought about which traits you’d like to try most?
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

I'm working on a big post covering all the traits. Part of me wants to go with Churchull (PRO/CHA) for some very spiky longbows... But that's probably overkill. I think ORG should do good on this map.

Some possible combinations could be Mehmed (EXP/ORG) of the Ottomans (cue unrestricted leaders joke) or Julius Caesar (ORG/IMP) of Sumeria...

I think you should consider IND as well. MOM is very powerful, and if you end up being the only one with IND...
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Are you sure about that? MoM is borderline broken but it should fall to whoever gets the tech first most of the time, at least if there is marble.

ORG is very useful early on as initially the rounding will cause it to save you a surprising amount of commerce. Later on it will fall behind FIN, possibly PRO too depending on the map. If there a lot of intercontinental trade routes ORG will remain better.