As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[69] Ginger and Miguelito do as fortune commands

Off to a great start, we both hate the pick, now let's see how much we hate the map!

Ginger has orders to find and settle stone so the Dun is borderline useable. I don't know what Celts are good for, but Ginger seems to have some ideas. And admittedly Guerilla 2 crossbows are somewhat interesting.

Quote:Superdeath as Mansa Musa of Sumeria
Pindicator as Pacal II of Mali
Bing as Victoria of Carthage
Gavagai as De Gaulle of Rome
Magic Science as Tokugawa of Khmer
Commodore as Saladin of Germany
naufragar as Montezuma of Spain
Ginger as Joao II of Celts

Celts seem to have some good mid game guerilla stuff going on. Last few games with them have had some good guerilla action.

Joao is terrible
Celts make it even worse. Hunting is probably the worst random map starting tech bc deer is so rare. Mysticism start could be acceptable with Chm/Spi/Ind.
Imperialistic just amplifies tech woes. More than stone we need gold

Maybe slowing our expansion with Stonehenge to allow tech to catch up is the right play.

I’m of half a mind to just go take out my rage and fuck up the nearest neighbor’s day, bc that’s the one thing Joao can still do. If I start near Mansa of Vultures he’s gonna get it.

When do we get our starting BFCs?
I need to weep

[Image: Poojn1P.png]

This could’ve been Rome or Carthage :’(
GLH is definitely on the menu I guess.

Stonehenge probably out of the question given that we need 60 natural hammers as Work Boats, but at least we get good commerce from the Fish/clam. We move our scout 2S 1W to see if a switch is possible.

It’s really killing me that that isn’t a plains hill.

We are looking at a size 4 capital and turn 36 settler, which is just terrible for imperialistic

The problem is that there's no super quick way to get out the workboat, so we actually grow to size 2 before starting our worker, which comes out turn 21. 

I would've killed to have Khmer instead. The land our scout uncovered looks so dry that Exp Baray might have become a game-saver and Mining >>> Mysticism. 
But I'll take solace in that Amicalola had god-tier geography in PB64 but still had one of the worst first ring expansions. So we could still be in the running, grumble grumble grumble I hate this leader I hate this civ, I hate this capital

(December 18th, 2022, 22:50)Ginger Wrote: But I'll take solace in that Amicalola had god-tier geography in PB64 but still had one of the worst first ring expansions. So we could still be in the running, grumble grumble grumble I hate this leader I hate this civ, I hate this capital

I still maintain that SD's start/geography was the best, and mine was only second.

But I agree with the sentiment - my geography was great, but I'd have thought it was terrible from the first 15 turns. And your Joao/Celt grumbles are more than justified. wink
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

(December 19th, 2022, 01:06)Amicalola Wrote: But I agree with the sentiment - my geography was great, but I'd have thought it was terrible from the first 15 turns. And your other grumbles are more than justified. wink

That applies to the majority of players in this forum these days. smile
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I understand that the scout found nothing useful?
I have not simmed any, but yes I'd strongly consider leaving the cow for after BW and Pottery. Maybe even Sailing. Of course it also depends on our surroundings, and when and where we want to found a second city.
But I feel like the cow doesn't really solve any of our problems, which are mostly about commerce, right? Granaries also boost foodhammers, and on the way we get roads to connect the cities. Although I guess the preferred option might be a coastal second city with wb from the cap.
An argument against is that the seafood can't be shared away, or is it possible for the clam?