As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

MoO AI Attack Request

I'm just posting this thread to share something that was new to me in Master of Orion. I've played a lot of games and just have not had this situation come up before.

While playing a game, I was allied with the Bulrathi and we were in a joint war against the Psilons. One turn, I got a message where the Bulrathi requested that I attack the Psilons. I didn't think too much of it, I thought it just had something to do with the request to honor our treaty. But after bombing a Psilon planet....

I've never seen this happen before! Is this more common for other players? Maybe I don't see stuff like this often because I almost exclusively play as the Mrrshan and it's hard to make friends as them. XD

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

I've seen it, yes! It's probably the rarest of all diplo messages - I think, across all opponents (usually 5 per game) and the full duration of all AI-AI wars (a lot), I see a version of it about once every ~20 full games! I don't even know if it made it into Remnants, but maybe we'll find out in an upcoming game!

Interesting. I have never seen that situation/message either, over a large number of games of MOO over the years. I have gotten diplomatic communications from leaders who were pleased I was smiting their enemies, but to actually get a tech awarded that way is new to me.

I think it's neat that for such an old game that still has a dedicated player base that there are still little things to discover.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Still learning new things about a game that is old enough to have a teenaged kid. lol

(June 11th, 2024, 15:05)haphazard1 Wrote: Still learning new things about a game that is old enough to have a teenaged kid. lol

The game is a good bit older than I am lol. I've also never seen this diplo screen before, or even heard it existed.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!