As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Succession Game - Defense!

I'd like to run a new succession game using Beyond the Sword. I intend to play the Defense! packaged scenario with a team of 4 or 5 peope; this shouldn't be tremendously difficult, but I think there's the potential for some good fun. This is kind of a one-time deal, as the scenario isn't particularly complicated. We'll have our one pass through, kill a lot of lions, zombies, and whatnot, and probably never play the thing again. Kapiche? smile

I'd also ask that anyone interested in this concept refrain from going out and reading all over the Internet about how to beat this particular scenario. I'm sure that someone, somewhere has already outlined the optimal formula for winning. We'll have much more fun playing things by ear, making mistakes, and having to recover from them. I hope that makes sense.

Who's interested in the idea? We don't normally do much with scenarios here at Realms Beyond, but this is a bit of an exception. nod
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

I'll lurk this one. I played defense once, but it bored me so i quit. Turning it into a succession game might make it a little more interesting though. thumbsup

Ill be lurking. This should show whether scenario games can actually be fun for the types of players here at realms beyond.
My Civilization 4 Website: http://rb.llsc.us/

I like the idea of using mods for RB events, so I'll sign up. (I'd really like to see events based on mods like FfH2 and Rhye's, but even this is fun.)

However, I had played this scenario for a couple hours one evening, getting to a point where you die if you haven't researched the right things, so that might disqualify me. (Although if you don't want this SG to suddenly end because you don't have a counter for the next level, you need to know the one little spoiler on what techs you need at a certain point.)

I'll sign up for this one, when I saw the scenario list for BtS for some reason this one hit me as a lot of fun (In the same kinda way the barbarians scenario was fun in Warlords), so I'm definitely interested.

Zeviz Wrote:However, I had played this scenario for a couple hours one evening, getting to a point where you die if you haven't researched the right things, so that might disqualify me. (Although if you don't want this SG to suddenly end because you don't have a counter for the next level, you need to know the one little spoiler on what techs you need at a certain point.)
Zeviz, I think you'll be fine. I played around with the scenario a bit myself, just to see if it would be suitable for a succession game. It definitely is, but there are one or two things that you HAVE to know ahead of time, or else the game will be lost. (To wit: in one of the stages, all of the enemies are invisible unless you've researched a certain technology. This is TERRIBLE game design, with no way to counter the enemy without foreknowledge, but them's the rules.)

I was going to start the game tomorrow, but we may have to wait a bit until this patching mess is sorted out. Ugh. Way to go Firaxis... rolleye
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

Sullla Wrote:To wit: in one of the stages, all of the enemies are invisible unless you've researched a certain technology. This is TERRIBLE game design, with no way to counter the enemy without foreknowledge, but them's the rules.

smoke smoke smoke

That would complicate things.

I'm in!

I've been waiting a while to be in a Sullla SG - I've had tons of fun in the other RB SG's I've played, but like so many of us RB1 was my first real introduction to playing Civ well....and Sirian isn't exactly SG'ing these days smile

I'd like to sign up. Believe it or not, I haven't played a SG with either.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

As much as I'd like to play an SG with Sullla, I'll have to lurk on this one.