As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Combat Calculator

Hey, this is a combat calculator I've been working on recently. There are still a couple of things I would like to add to it, but in the meantime feel free to try it out and let me know what you think.

CombatCalculator

It has capability for Single-Attacker, Single-Defender Battles and Multiple-Attacker, Single-Defender Battles.

EDIT: You've seen these pictures if you followed my FfHPBEMV thread, but here's some screenshots of it in action. And yes, Tredje & Mardoc, those were the odds for killing the wolf-rider. I made the tool after the fact to answer that very question! smile

[Image: Goblin_Rider_Odds_New.png]

[Image: Sword_v_Archer_Odds_New.png]
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Awesome! Thanks, I've been anticipating this ever since I read that FFHV thread.

As for me I've just been working off gut feelings, so it's gracious as hell to release this into the slavering jaws of your PBEM18 rivals lol

Nicolae Carpathia Wrote:Awesome! Thanks, I've been anticipating this ever since I read that FFHV thread.

As for me I've just been working off gut feelings, so it's gracious as hell to release this into the slavering jaws of your PBEM18 rivals lol

Well, now that you're no longer standing next to my city, I think I can release it without too much consternation lol

Bump for justice. This is too useful to be hidden!

Hi all. And thanks for sharing.
But I noticed the second Tab "Single Unit (Spreadsheet) is broken. If you change the number of first strikes it doesn't change the combat's odds.
This works perfect in the first Tab "Single Unit (Code), and in the last one "Multiple Attackers"

Could you solve it?
Thanks and regards. bow

I want a mod where if I select more than one unit it shows the odds they will kill the top defender.

Darrell

How would you calculate that, darrell? Usually after the top defender takes some damage, it isn't the top defender anymore, so the next unit won't be attacking it. You need to account for or simulate pretty much the entire stack vs stack combat to get what you want.

T-hawk Wrote:How would you calculate that, darrell? Usually after the top defender takes some damage, it isn't the top defender anymore, so the next unit won't be attacking it. You need to account for or simulate pretty much the entire stack vs stack combat to get what you want.

Ends up being computationally expensive. Trust me, just sim your most important battles and use your intuition for the rest lol

Sareln Wrote:Ends up being computationally expensive. Trust me, just sim your most important battles and use your intuition for the rest lol

It's interesting that Civ4 seems to involve chaotic situations.

luddite Wrote:It's interesting that Civ4 seems to involve chaotic situations.

I don't know if Chaotic is the right word. It ends up having a large number of possible unique outcomes, and if you want to simulate that it get's messy. You can make a number of simplifying assumptions to make things easier (eg. you will attack until you have no units remaining, and you will attack in a specific order made the computation of multiple-attackers, single-defender quite doable, because it collapsed the total number of outcomes to 101, the various HPs of the defender.)