As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM41

Proposal:

Standard, BTS game. No bells or whistles.
Lush map.
Decent distances between capitals (or start with an archer or something that cannot be used for offence). No repeat of PBEM31 please.

I'm amenable to any other suggestions, such as banning certain traits.

Anyone interested?

Could there perhaps be scope for a team pbem game?

Could be some scope for interesting map making to accomodate it!
"You want to take my city of Troll%ng? Go ahead and try."

Twinkletoes89 Wrote:Could there perhaps be scope for a team pbem game?

Could be some scope for interesting map making to accomodate it!

I'd prefer a more traditional game but might be able to be persuaded.

Chat between me and TT Wrote:[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"] me: im not really that fussed
i just want to play haha
i did a duel against mack
and really enjoyed it
fall from heaven has pissed me off a lot recently with being so broken[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]TT: yeah
I'd gladly duel with you if you fancy it - if we can figure out some way of 'balancing' lol
I remember our 3 way game with whosit ages ago[/COLOR]

If people want, I don't mind a certain element of 'balancing'. My example to TT was that i'll have a trait or two banned and lurkers can choose m civ or something. I just want to play a nice game of civ. lol

hi ya mate thanks for the text heads-up haha

chance for a grudge match in public eh? id be interested as im getting bored with the pace of pbem33 now

banning certain traits? stopping you having financial expansive and philosphical would be good haha

1) How many players do you prefer?
2) What turn pace are you shooting for?
3) What diplo system are you interested in?
4) Are you intending for this to be a no bans game? (elephants, corporations, spies, blockades, etc)

Suggestion for balancing: Each player makes a wishlist worded however he please (lengthy is good) about what kind of combo he's interested in. A group of lurkers then assigns a combo to each player based on requests and assessed skill level. Not entirely fair, but reasonably easy to do. Separate ban lists could also work, but would likely be more hassle and less fairness. And a snake pick with separate ban lists could get really confusing.

Catwalk Wrote:1) How many players do you prefer?

6 maximum I guess. Any more can be a bit too slow for a PBEM.

Catwalk Wrote:2) What turn pace are you shooting for?
A turn a day is the usual. That helps maintain a good amount of interest in the game.
Catwalk Wrote:3) What diplo system are you interested in?
My vote is for no diplo, but it's not a gamebreaker.

Catwalk Wrote:4) Are you intending for this to be a no bans game? (elephants, corporations, spies, blockades, etc)

I would vote usual bans, but again, I can be persuaded. I don't really mind cept for wanting the swap religion/civic spy mission to be banned.

Catwalk Wrote:Suggestion for balancing: Each player makes a wishlist worded however he please (lengthy is good) about what kind of combo he's interested in. A group of lurkers then assigns a combo to each player based on requests and assessed skill level.

I would heavily prefer to pick my own leader at least (even if there are restrictions). If all others want this though, again, I maybe could get on board.

Well ,i have no games right now so count me in.

Kyan Wrote:My vote is for no diplo, but it's not a gamebreaker.
Would you consider AI diplo + NAPs and border agreements allowed? No actual diplomacy allowed, proposals would be entirely formulaic. A NAP would simply mean no attacks allowed, anything else goes. A border agreement would be defined with a screenshot showing legal city sites.
Quote:I would heavily prefer to pick my own leader at least (even if there are restrictions). If all others want this though, again, I maybe could get on board.
Which system do you have in mind for picks?

Catwalk Wrote:Would you consider AI diplo + NAPs and border agreements allowed? No actual diplomacy allowed, proposals would be entirely formulaic. A NAP would simply mean no attacks allowed, anything else goes. A border agreement would be defined with a screenshot showing legal city sites.

Which system do you have in mind for picks?

I'd consider anything. I'm not really that worried. I have a preference, but I could be outvoted. If you want to play, feel free to convince the others wink

I envisage a snake pick, but I hadn't thought about it too much.

Got to give it another try. Count me in...