As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Spoilers! Sian, Scourge of the Seven Seas

[Image: Viking-ships.jpg]

as you might have guessed from the starting picture, i've chosen Vikings ... prehaps not the strongest one but i'm gambling on that with Continents, the seas is going to be important, which means that speed is great (both in colonizing what can be colonized and in getting troops from A to B) ... going to actively try for Magnellan if the map makes it possible

as for leaders ... tentatively leaning towards Catherine ... Creative which is one of my preferred traits (less issues with city placement, since having food in first ring aren't that important, and Imperialistic means faster Settlers which can be important when colonizing ...

Catherine was loved so is taken ...

theres 2 industrial, so thats a nogo ...

Creative is going to be hard to get something usefull out of since Cre/Ind, Cre/Imp and Cre/Phi is taken, leaving only Cre/Agg, and Cre/Pro, neither of which i'm going to take before someone have built a lasting snowman in saraha

thinking ... what'd people think of a Julius Caesar (Org/Imp) ... still got Imp for fast cities, and Organized for faster Courthouses which given the map (Standard Torodial Prince) would be important.

Happy Birthday!

[Image: 20Zd0.jpg]

hmm ... gut feeling actually says that 3w (on scout, with second city either where the settler is now or 1se of it) is better, because i start with fishing/hunting and theres fish in the waters

starting out with something like Workboat (grow to 2 asap, working 2 1f2h till its done) -> Worker -> Warriors (till size 4(?))-> Settler ...

tech path being something in line of Argiculture -> Mining -> Animal Husbandry -> Wheel (building road towards city side) -> Mystitism (should be about the time where second city is there, needing a mounument) -> Bronze Working and then afterwards prehaps Sailing if it looks like theres islands to be settled.

might even have to check it out with a sandbox, althrough i havn't really used such yet

looking at some fog, i'm getting slightly concerned about the water to the northwest ... settling on the scout (only logical place if going for there with the capital), would block off quite a bit of coast which would be unable to be worked, hence prone to make a Catwalk, blocking off seafood

Yay vikings! Give em hell Sian!
Did you pick ORG to also have cheap Trading Posts?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

not really to be honest

Org was for several reasons

1. Cheap Courthouses, which is going to be important on a high maintainence map (standard prince torodial)

2. thin choice span ... Creative was all but blocked (only Cre/agg and cre/pro left), expansive and financial banned, don't like philosophical (never feels like i'm using it properly), and allready two different industrius civs ...

okay ... simmed a bit and settling coast is way inferior.

SIPing let me have my first setter, 1 worker, 2 warriors, 1 scout and size 4, at t21

abandoned the sim where settling coast at t16, where i had 1 workboat (used), 1 worker and the scout, at size 3

slugging along

SIP'ed, and started a worker ... research is going to be argiculture -> AH -> Mining (Imperialistic, so its worthwhile to mine the hills early on for hammer bonus to my settlers)... and then i'm considering either Mystitism, wheel or Bronze working, depending on what my surroundings say.

Sailing is also a medium term consideration (after i planted a city or 2), given that i allready founded something that looks suspiciously like an island ... might consider settling the best coastal area in the immediate surroundings to get a quick workboat scout out to check the area out ... would love to get Magnellan, for extra speedy ships.

[Image: pbem41t10000.jpg]

initial thinkings of dots would be 1e of rice, somewhere north (1ne?) of fish (or maybe 1ne of rice picking up fish as well, although its off river ... to be considered when my scout gets around), and 1se of clams ... none of which look hammer heavy, but all of which could support heavy cottages (specially at clams, counting 4 grassland riverside and 3 more)

After the worker is done my sim says that i have time for 2 warriors to get pumped out, before i'm building a settler), worker farming corn (farming a tile on the way to be most efficient) pasturing Cows (farming same tile), and then mining the riverside hills